Brentwood HC

BT Mafia

My gut tells me WAY to much parental involvement.  This is not the MO of Coach Sig or the administration, they are typically somewhat patient and have years and years of experience.  These overly involved parents come out of these youth leagues, in this case the Blaze, where they have a lot of control and just can't step back once their kids get into middle and high school.  It's actually a sad situation if you take a step back and look at it not only from the fact that they have gotten rid of a good man/coach but come on, get a life! 

On the other side of the coin I think Brentwood is in pretty good shape in that the talent is improving and the district realignment will remove a lot of teams with more talent so they won't have to compete with Ravenwood, Franklin or the most of the Rutherford schools.  If Coach Crawford isn't happy in East Tennessee I could see a scenario of him coming back, but I could see them making a run at an alumnus or two, i.e. Hester or Whittemore.   

Don't think Hester would leave. Whittemore is someone that I thought about for the job.

Ravenwood's current enrollment puts them in the top 32.  The new school in Nolensville opens in 2016 and will take a bite out of their numbers.  Hester might take that into consideration if Brentwood calls. 

Don't think Hester would leave. Whittemore is someone that I thought about for the job.

I don't think he would leave either but with the district realignment, up coming talent and most of all, the fact that BHS administration is a much more athletic friendly group, I wouldn't be shocked or really blame him.  He probably has gone a long way in changing the attitude towards athletics at RHS but I can't really say.  However, it wouldn't surprise me if they hire someone while his team is still playing this year.

BHS admin athletic friendly, really? In recent years they got rid of the baseball coach that brought so much success to the program. Wonder what he thought. Wonder what Woodward thinks. How can you say athletically friendly after they do this to Woodward. I think they already have a coach. I may be wrong but why else would you not give a coach more time.

BHS admin athletic friendly, really? In recent years they got rid of the baseball coach that brought so much success to the program. Wonder what he thought. Wonder what Woodward thinks. How can you say athletically friendly after they do this to Woodward. I think they already have a coach. I may be wrong but why else would you not give a coach more time.

I agree they may already have a coach.  What they did to Coach Waggoner is very similar to this situation, folding to parents.  What I meant by being more athletic friendly than RHS is that they think sports play an important role in the school community, pretty sure Dr. Vaden doesn't believe this as much.

Bad move by Brentwood administration... Though Pemberton drew up the schedule, both Keidel and Seig would have had to sign off on it. Woodward was the scape goat for the mess that the administration created with the initial hiring of Pemberton. The program Woodward inherited was a complete disaster, not sure Saban wins more than 3 games with that team and that schedule.

Brentwood just set their program back another 5 years.  Woodward had them going in the right direction.  Now the middle school and high school are going to have to learn a new system, which is not good for the ones affected the most, THE KIDS.  Woodward is an excellent coach, and when he catches on at his next school, they are going to kick Brentwood's butts.