Dresden Lions 2015

hogheaven

11/9TBA

Trinity Christian Academy (Jackson, TN)

2012 Tennessee Boys State Football Playoff Brackets - 2A

35 - 22Win

I found 2012 Dresden v TCA playoffs from unapproved website. The 2013 and 2014 games would've been pretty good to watch.

There's one of the best OLines in Dresden history. Arguably the best. I can't think of any better. Raymer running to Turnbows side had a lot to do with the experience on the left. Seat was new to all of it. You can't learn this stuff overnight. I wish Morgan would've been left guard with parsley at center and kemp at RG with seat at RT. Morgan and Turnbow had a lot on chemistry on the left side. Could've been the best guard-tackle combo in the state two years running

Edited by ProudLionFan

No they wouldn't. In 2012 we were 90% freshmen and sophs and got beat by a much better Dresden team that had really good upperclassmen. It would not have been close those two years. It's a cycle and it would have been our turn.

I agree you were very young in 2012/ 2013. We will never know what kind of a game it would've been the next year. But then again you also got beat by the most one dimensional offense in high school football history. After the first quarter of the first game of the season Dresden ran four plays all year, Raymer up the middle, Raymer around the edge, Caldwell up the middle, Swafford around the edge. Dresden's defense was nasty in 2013 and yes, I think TCA's youngsters were a little shell shocked after the first quarter. 2014 Dresden was much more balanced on offense but the defense didn't have the same chip on their shoulders (plus we lost Raymer's 2200 rushing yards). If memory serves me correct Winn had almost identical stats as Akin (sorry if it's misspelled) until he got hurt. Think it would've been closer in 2014 than Intense realizes but who really knows.

I agree you were very young in 2012/ 2013. We will never know what kind of a game it would've been the next year. But then again you also got beat by the most one dimensional offense in high school football history. After the first quarter of the first game of the season Dresden ran four plays all year, Raymer up the middle, Raymer around the edge, Caldwell up the middle, Swafford around the edge. Dresden's defense was nasty in 2013 and yes, I think TCA's youngsters were a little shell shocked after the first quarter. 2014 Dresden was much more balanced on offense but the defense didn't have the same chip on their shoulders (plus we lost Raymer's 2200 rushing yards). If memory serves me correct Winn had almost identical stats as Akin (sorry if it's misspelled) until he got hurt. Think it would've been closer in 2014 than Intense realizes but who really knows.

No. His stats were really good but not that close to Akin's. Don't forget that Akin is the ALL TIME leading passer in Tennessee HS history. Winn is going to be an incredible QB and one of the best ever around here but he has a couple of more years before I put him in same category of Akin. You Dresden guys didn't see him his last two years. It was an amazing show. Could read a defense like a 4th year SR College QB.

Edited by TCAIntense

That game in 2012 was the year where a few hard hits kept the receivers gun shy right? I think I remember them jogging routes and dropping passes late 😂😂😂

I think you are joking because we didn't drop many passes. I remember a freshmen receiver catching a pass around the 3 yard line and your senior LB hit him so hard it gave him a concussion. He held on to the ball and we scored on the next play. He was also our kicker and couldn't go back in to kick extra point. No, the youngsters were not shell shocked. Unfortunately that was a horrible game for Akin. He kept trying to go deep and threw 4 int's. He was very successful with short passes. Not sure why he didn't stick with short game. Dresdens experienced secondary was too good to go deep. The next two years TCA was able to go deep quite often.

I'm joking. I think

Edited by TCAIntense

Also Angry, I do realize that if TCA played Dresden ten years in a row, Dresden would most likely win 7 of those games. 13 and 14 were special years. We don't have enough kids to be a top team year in and year out. We are very fortunate if we have 33 kids on a team. Size is always an issue which creates very serious problems on defense in the trenches. 15 should be another really good year for us but probably not quite as good as the last two. I anticipate Dresden potentially winning the Gold in 16.

Also Angry, I do realize that if TCA played Dresden ten years in a row, Dresden would most likely win 7 of those games. 13 and 14 were special years. We don't have enough kids to be a top team year in and year out. We are very fortunate if we have 33 kids on a team. Size is always an issue which creates very serious problems on defense in the trenches. 15 should be another really good year for us but probably not quite as good as the last two. I anticipate Dresden potentially winning the Gold in 16.

I'm not sure I would say Dresden would win 7 out of 10 years. TCA has had a good team while I've been watching HS football. Most people forget, Dresden won one 1 game in four years before the Hodge brothers showed up. Granted they played in a different classification. The past few years Dresden has had more kids playing (because of winning) and numbers are the key. I really think Dresden has the best athletes right now that they've ever had, or at least back to Dresser Winn's father's playing days. If they will work like the teams the past few years they could win it all. From what I've seen, we could have a drop off in 2 or 3 years. Hopefully we wont and you never know how the youngsters mature.

I'm not sure I would say Dresden would win 7 out of 10 years. TCA has had a good team while I've been watching HS football. Most people forget, Dresden won one 1 game in four years before the Hodge brothers showed up. Granted they played in a different classification. The past few years Dresden has had more kids playing (because of winning) and numbers are the key. I really think Dresden has the best athletes right now that they've ever had, or at least back to Dresser Winn's father's playing days. If they will work like the teams the past few years they could win it all. From what I've seen, we could have a drop off in 2 or 3 years. Hopefully we wont and you never know how the youngsters mature.

My only problem with this group is they know they're good. Pride comes before the fall. I'm worried that they are undisciplined and won't work hard. If they work like the '10-12 teams, then they'll have no problem with the west. Hutchersons senior year and the 2-3 after were extremely hardworking kids. I understand that had a lot to do with Gomes and hodge motivation. But If kids this age can't motivate themselves then who can?