GCA 2015

gcapride

Spring practice is well underway. OL looks like the strong point on this squad. 6 kids return from the OL that contributed a great deal to the semi final run. Only graduated 1 from the OL. Always good to be able to run fresh BIG's in there and not miss a beat. New QB is turning some heads as well. From what I see, the high Spring ranking is justified. The Rams will be tough to deal with in the fall.

Let's hear some updates from the rest of you guys on your threads.

Spring practice is well underway. OL looks like the strong point on this squad. 6 kids return from the OL that contributed a great deal to the semi final run. Only graduated 1 from the OL. Always good to be able to run fresh BIG's in there and not miss a beat. New QB is turning some heads as well. From what I see, the high Spring ranking is justified. The Rams will be tough to deal with in the fall.

Let's hear some updates from the rest of you guys on your threads.

Thought you guys were returning the QB from last season. Was he a sr or just moving him to another position.

• 2 weeks later...

The "real" Rams have just tied the scrimmage 4-4. GCA depending on big plays while Tyner is running up and down the field! No stats being kept but I bet Tyner has about 150-250 yards on the ground.

After a series of penalties, Tyner went the length of the field and scored the last TD of the game to win 5-4!!! Good scrimmage.

The "real" Rams have just tied the scrimmage 4-4. GCA depending on big plays while Tyner is running up and down the field! No stats being kept but I bet Tyner has about 150-250 yards on the ground.

After a series of penalties, Tyner went the length of the field and scored the last TD of the game to win 5-4!!! Good scrimmage.

Sounds like both teams got something out of the scrimmage. I;m sure Tyner will be a player in 2a.

Two great 2A teams going at it that will be much better in the Fall because of this scrimmage. Any other situation that happened (by no member of the Tyner football team or coaching staff) was handled by the Tyner administration with class. Everything is done, forgiven and forgotten. Let's move on. Both will be contenders in the East.

Edited by 4ID2AD

• 2 months later...

1st 7 on 7 went well. New QB looked good. We've got a really solid and deep stable of receivers to chuck it to as well. And FAST. Our strength coach has packed on the muscle and speed this offseason. #'s are also the highest we've ever seen at GCA.

The only way anyone would be shocked would be if you said you looked bad. You guys will be a front runner EVERY year.Its called being committed.

The only way anyone would be shocked would be if you said you looked bad. You guys will be a front runner EVERY year.Its called being committed.

Appreciate the comment, but we looked pretty rusty too. Got some work to do in the secondary, but it's still early.

And you're right, every player, every parent, every coach, even people that don't have players on the team are COMMITTED at this place. As you know, that's not the case everywhere. Wish every school was that way. The kids deserve better and it starts with the parents. I couldn't imagine not supporting my kids in anything they decided to go after, sports or anything else.

Appreciate the comment, but we looked pretty rusty too. Got some work to do in the secondary, but it's still early.

And you're right, every player, every parent, every coach, even people that don't have players on the team are COMMITTED at this place. As you know, that's not the case everywhere. Wish every school was that way. The kids deserve better and it starts with the parents. I couldn't imagine not supporting my kids in anything they decided to go after, sports or anything else.

Would be a much better world if more people approach it the way you guys do. Sad thing about that, its never gonna happen.

Would be a much better world if more people approach it the way you guys do. Sad thing about that, its never gonna happen.

I know you do all you can to get participation in off season workouts up there. I don't know all of the dynamics of your family, but I know you are part of that coaching family up there. It's a shame that any parent, regardless of school, would turn their head and not support their child in anything that the child shows interest in. I HATE soccer, but if one of my kids started playing the game and liked it, I'd probably be seen around town in a Manchester United T Shirt. Support your kids. We only have them for a short time!

I know you do all you can to get participation in off season workouts up there. I don't know all of the dynamics of your family, but I know you are part of that coaching family up there. It's a shame that any parent, regardless of school, would turn their head and not support their child in anything that the child shows interest in. I HATE soccer, but if one of my kids started playing the game and liked it, I'd probably be seen around town in a Manchester United T Shirt. Support your kids. We only have them for a short time!

AMEN, people who don't have time to raise their kids don't need any. My kids are my life and its my goal to raise them to be good honest productive citizens. Football teaches alot of things to ensure just that.