Summertown Eagles announces their 1st ever Varsity Head Coach

Big Bigby

Former CA coach Les Mote to guide Summertown gridders

From Staff Reports

SUMMERTOWN - Leslie Mote, a former Columbia Academy head football coach, has been selected to guide Summertown High School into their first varsity season of football.

- See more at: http://m.columbiadailyherald.com/sports/preps/former-ca-coach-les-mote-guide-summertown-gridders#sthash.buF1zvOE.dpuf

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time this team ever stepped on the field was 2 years ago as a jv team and they won their very first game ever at the jv level. I think they can compete for some wins their first year. Richland is horrible, Grace Christian wont have the horses. and I thinkj they might be able to compete with Huntland and Cornersville as well. I see a big time class a program inthe makings, especially of they do get the new high school and football stadium being discussed.

The first time this team ever stepped on the field was 2 years ago as a jv team and they won their very first game ever at the jv level. I think they can compete for some wins their first year. Richland is horrible, Grace Christian wont have the horses. and I thinkj they might be able to compete with Huntland and Cornersville as well. I see a big time class a program inthe makings, especially of they do get the new high school and football stadium being discussed.

well stated

I know that you'll support the program Vandy, just don't expect too much too early. Scotts Hill had a good run with their jv schedule, but it's not the same when the varsity games begin. Be patient with the coaches, bear the losses, and support the guys no matter what the outcome...they will endure some lopsided losses and long losing streaks, but they are the foundation for the future and deserve all the fan support that I'm sure that they will have.

Some programs just aren't very good, and if you have one or two on the schedule it will help to give the team some confidence, ( they'll need it ). Just remember that Rome wasn't built in a day, and Summertown won't be either.