GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

I think we win our season opener against county opponent Loudon! This game will set the tone for the season. It's almost SPRING PRACTICE Cherokee fans! Greenback has more guns in the arsenal than many realize. Here's to living up to the potential! It's OUR TOWN OUR TEAM OUR TIME!!!!

I think we win our season opener against county opponent Loudon! This game will set the tone for the season. It's almost SPRING PRACTICE Cherokee fans! Greenback has more guns in the arsenal than many realize. Here's to living up to the potential! It's OUR TOWN OUR TEAM OUR TIME!!!!

Greenback could very well pull an upset. Loudon has a new head coach that seems unimpressive to a lot of folks and the Redskins could be ripe for an upset.

I agree that the Cherekees will be formitable again.....I think the game BigDave predicts as a win against Oneida should be a toss-up at best because the Indians don't lose several of the players that were key elements of the last time these two met.  Of course, Bam-Bam returns and he will be running behind a line that should end up as strong, if not stronger, than last years bunch.  We have to replace a QB, but they think they have one that fits the bill that essentially was being groomed to take over this year.....he appears to have a fine arm and good understanding of the offense.  Replacing the RB's that graduated won't be as difficult because Cheetah(DNP) and Newport (injured on the first drive of game) had virtually no impact on last years game.  They really like a RB that was a Freshman last year that was just stuck behind solid, experienced players and it would surprise me if this kid doesn't start making a dent in the line-up.  He lead the Indians in rushing in every JV game last year if I got my facts right.  Love the intensity of the this game.

Kaz

I agree that the Cherekees will be formitable again.....I think the game BigDave predicts as a win against Oneida should be a toss-up at best because the Indians don't lose several of the players that were key elements of the last time these two met.  Of course, Bam-Bam returns and he will be running behind a line that should end up as strong, if not stronger, than last years bunch.  We have to replace a QB, but they think they have one that fits the bill that essentially was being groomed to take over this year.....he appears to have a fine arm and good understanding of the offense.  Replacing the RB's that graduated won't be as difficult because Cheetah(DNP) and Newport (injured on the first drive of game) had virtually no impact on last years game.  They really like a RB that was a Freshman last year that was just stuck behind solid, experienced players and it would surprise me if this kid doesn't start making a dent in the line-up.  He lead the Indians in rushing in every JV game last year if I got my facts right.  Love the intensity of the this game.

Kaz

I sure wouldn't pencil in a W against the Injuns. Oneida as usual will be a TOUGH opponent. That BAM BAM cat is a HOSS.

I think Greenback goes 8-2 in 2015

Loudon L

Gatlinburg-Pittman W

Onieda W

Sequoyah W

Jellico W

Kingston W

Coalfield L

Midway W

Harriman W

Sunbright W

Thats one heck of a schedule, Greenback could have a good team and end up with a losing record. I can see 6 or 7 POTENTIAL loses. 

Thats one heck of a schedule, Greenback could have a good team and end up with a losing record. I can see 6 or 7 POTENTIAL loses. 

It's hard to handicap Greenback this season. That schedule is brutal but I think there's a good possibility of 8 wins.I can't wait for the Loudon game,that will be a good one.

It's hard to handicap Greenback this season. That schedule is brutal but I think there's a good possibility of 8 wins.I can't wait for the Loudon game,that will be a good one.

Looks like 1 sure Win, 2 more than likely's and 7 tossups. The war of attrition could be a tough one.

Pujo,  Bam Bam will just be a Junior and fortunately, he is gonna have several capable backs around him that should keep him from having to carry the load alone.  King returns as well, and Chambers might play at the same time which would give them two 220 battering rams.  This kid I said that will be a sophmore is quick and a very North and South runner which his speed will open up some stuff just outside the tackles.  I haven't said one word about Bowling (#20) either and he just might be the most dangerous of them all because he is a fast cat.  I fully expect our passing game will be more potent this year as the new QB has mobility and a good arm.  West, Lay, and TE Flint (255 lbs) are all going to be better pass catchers than a year ago.  They cupboard isn't bare up here.....could be better than last year if the front five jells.  Defense should have athletes everywhere and you know Tony Lambo can fashion something out of that.  I'll let you know how the Spring practice pans out.

Kazzy

Pujo,  Bam Bam will just be a Junior and fortunately, he is gonna have several capable backs around him that should keep him from having to carry the load alone.  King returns as well, and Chambers might play at the same time which would give them two 220 battering rams.  This kid I said that will be a sophmore is quick and a very North and South runner which his speed will open up some stuff just outside the tackles.  I haven't said one word about Bowling (#20) either and he just might be the most dangerous of them all because he is a fast cat.  I fully expect our passing game will be more potent this year as the new QB has mobility and a good arm.  West, Lay, and TE Flint (255 lbs) are all going to be better pass catchers than a year ago.  They cupboard isn't bare up here.....could be better than last year if the front five jells.  Defense should have athletes everywhere and you know Tony Lambo can fashion something out of that.  I'll let you know how the Spring practice pans out.

Kazzy

Thanks Kaz and you know I'll be keeping up. I'm fairly sure you guys will field a strong team.