GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

I am honored to be in the presence of greatness! Everyone loves to see people eat crow and that is what you are setting yourself up for. Your not stating facts it's your opinion. The "Newbie" does respect the elders even if they may be senile.

No setup here pal. I'm not crowing about my team. My team would also lose to the west representative by 35 or more. Ask around, you will find out. I'm right a lot more than I'm wrong. Greenback might have a decent team in 2015, but in the ball park with some of the west teams? Not a chance. Stay around here long enough and I will educate you. LMBO

No setup here pal. I'm not crowing about my team. My team would also lose to the west representative by 35 or more. Ask around, you will find out. I'm right a lot more than I'm wrong. Greenback might have a decent team in 2015, but in the ball park with some of the west teams? Not a chance. Stay around here long enough and I will educate you. LMBO

I wouldn't even bet on Greenback winning their own region, Oneida ,Harriman and Coalfield could all stand in the way. The West will fun to keep up with. 1a will be the strongest its been in many years.

I wouldn't even bet on Greenback winning their own region, Oneida ,Harriman and Coalfield could all stand in the way. The West will fun to keep up with. 1a will be the strongest its been in many years.

I agree Pujo. I've seen great 1A football teams in the past. Sometimes a team doesn't have to be great to win it all, but let me tell you. The winner of 1A will NOT come from the east next season. I stand by my prediction. State title is decided by 35 or more points again in 1A. NCS, and Trenton Peabody will mercy rule most teams. Edited by TheAmbassador

I agree Pujo. I've seen great 1A football teams in the past. Sometimes a team doesn't have to be great to win it all, but let me tell you. The winner of 1A will NOT come from the east next season. I stand by my prediction. State title is decided by 35 or more points again in 1A. NCS, and Trenton Peabody will mercy rule most teams.

And i'd keep a close eye on UC and Huntingdon.

Great talent?Good i can see but the great players have graduated over the past three yrs.Most of the line returns but are average as of right now,that was their pitfall last yr couldnt sustain drives against solid teams and couldnt pass block.Backfield will be decent,Anderson,Laforce and especially McCloud (over 100 tackles past two yrs) graduating will really hurt the backfield as well as the defence.The young QB has his chance to shine if they can give him the time,he is very promising.A very good Freshman class will bring some depth but only a very few can contribute at a varsity level.The Seq kid i am unfamiliar with what position does he play? Transfers that news also where did you get this info and where are they transferring from?If we dont get some quality lineman it will be very similar to last yr.You can have a ton of skill but if they cant get to daylight it wont help much.I am anxious to see the "All new Cherokees" personally.Spring is moving in so we will see.

Sequoyah kid is Caine Roberts. He was the main playmaker for the Chiefs last year. I never saw this kid play but heard all about him for years. He played with current Maryville players Matt Young at Fairview for one year.

Didn't you pick Greenback over Coalfield in the playoffs last year?

Why are people even saying greenback will represent the east. Greenback hasn't been past the third round since the early 90s. What makes everyone think this year will be different?

Great post! Every year we hear about how great Greenback is and its the best team they've had in years and everyone in 1A better watch out....then come the playoffs...we heard how Coalfield made it to the state championship game during the worst football for 1A in the east in as long as people can remember...so what does that say about Greenback?

I'm excited to see the Coalfield-Greenback rivalry stick around.

Edited by jackets34