GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

I said with talk of the top DT coming, never said for sure. But, if he does transfer and everyone stays healthy I strongly feel like they would represent the East. I also believe it would be a great move for the DT to have possibly 2 State Championships on his resume and help his recruiting stock. That wouldn't happen anywhere else but, maybe Maryville.

Greenback might get these transfers and be the best in the east. Listen to these words carefully though. Whoever comes out of the east in 1A in 2015 will be looking at a mercy ruling in Cookeville. Remember where you heard that one.

I said with talk of the top DT coming, never said for sure. But, if he does transfer and everyone stays healthy I strongly feel like they would represent the East. I also believe it would be a great move for the DT to have possibly 2 State Championships on his resume and help his recruiting stock. That wouldn't happen anywhere else but, maybe Maryville.

If your logic were correct, Maryville would have more kids playing college football than anyone in the state.....that is not the case.  The recruiter is looking at the kid more than whether or not his team won a championship.  I appreciate O&B for calling it like it is, if this kid is a prospect, moving from 4A to 1A is probably not helping his stock.

My logic was a player that gets the most exposure is usually much better off as far as being noticed. Being on a successful team makes that much easier. A true talent will get noticed regardless but, it makes it a whole lot more likely if you played in 15 games and won state championships or been named Mr. Football is my point.

I listened really carefully and will remember where I heard it. Who is going to give this mercy rule Ambassador?

Take your pick. The west in 1A next season will be the strongest overall I have ever seen. Trenton Peabody, the defending 2A champs return most of that team. That team is more athletic than any of the SP teams I ever remember. Union City will still be good, Trousdale will be down some but still pretty good. Wayne County will be good, but NCS will be absolutely LOADED. They only lost 2-3 players. Edited by TheAmbassador

So everybody in the east this year, I guess we are all just playing for 2nd place or probably shouldn't even waste the gas money going to Cookeville! Lol. What a joke, we shall see!

No, you should play the games and take it as far as you can take it each year. Youngun, I've been around a very long time. It's not a joke. Greenback has a shot to represent the east, but I will say it today. They can't come within 35 of winning it. It's not a joke, those are just facts. You're a newbie around here. Ask around, I've successfully called 1A and 2A several years in a row.