Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett Sectional Game

Norman Dale

Congratulations to Maryville for punching their ticket to the 'Boro They are playing their best basketball of the year which is what you want at tournament time.

Rebels will play Murfreesboro Blackman on March 11 at 2:15 ET. One of Blackman''s assistant coaches is Maryville grad Wes Lambert. Wes was a starter on the MHS 2007 state championship team.

Blackman's coach is a former Oak Ridge coach as well...

Maryville got the job done, which is outstanding. It was crowded where I was at but there was plenty of room for many, many more throughout the gym. The 4th Quarter was a little disconcerting for a few minutes but they pulled it out. I ended up being like Solomon and checking scores for most of the 4th. On a side note, there was a couple of College coaches sitting right in front of me. Don't know who they were watching, probably guard for DB if I was guessing. 

Side note....Blackmon assistant Wes Lambert and Maryville assistant Derek Hunt are best friends. Wonder if there will be a little side bet?

You know that boy pretty well ML. I asked him about it when he came thru my line today and he laughed and said there's already a wager made.

Edited by rebelwoman87

• 2 weeks later...