Clay County 2015

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like UH's program, but still hate to see a kid leave. Difficult situation for Clay but I guess thie kid is looking for more expoiser. Just a tough deal.

If he wanted more exposure he could have picked several places over Upperman. They have only fielded competitive teams the past few seasons. There are no guarantees they will continue to win.

If he wanted more exposure he could have picked several places over Upperman. They have only fielded competitive teams the past few seasons. There are no guarantees they will continue to win.

my guess is 3a with 6a Cookeville on the schedule looked better than the current schedule and talent around him at Clay. Plus the move wasn't that far. I would have guessed he would have went to 4a LA being even closer, but I guess that his his families choice.

Of course it all assumptions that he is looking for more exposure. Is it at all possible that he left simply to a better academic school and is not even playing football?

as I dig I am hearing two stories on Endicott. 1 is he will be competing with 6'1 running qb transfer from Vegas to see who will be the start and play all three sports at UH. If true, to be the starter, he will have to have enough upside for UH to somewhat chage the offense up from the running qb style offense. Word is the kid from Vegas is pretty darn good. The other story I hear is he is coming into UH to just focus on Basketball and baseball. The guy said his parents think he will top out at 6'7-6'8...and think his future is not in football. Either way, great add to Upperman. Big loss for Clay.

as I dig I am hearing two stories on Endicott. 1 is he will be competing with 6'1 running qb transfer from Vegas to see who will be the start and play all three sports at UH. If true, to be the starter, he will have to have enough upside for UH to somewhat chage the offense up from the running qb style offense. Word is the kid from Vegas is pretty darn good. The other story I hear is he is coming into UH to just focus on Basketball and baseball. The guy said his parents think he will top out at 6'7-6'8...and think his future is not in football. Either way, great add to Upperman. Big loss for Clay.

well you gotta do what's best for the kid. He has the raw ability just needs to refine it a bit and add to it. Upperman had a great QB last year that got some exposure so it's a spot for him. 6'7 or 6'8 is nice height for basketball and crazy good for baseball pitcher. Good luck to him from this guy from SP. I know talent when I see it.

This will really hurt Clay IMO.

• 2 months later...

well you gotta do what's best for the kid. He has the raw ability just needs to refine it a bit and add to it. Upperman had a great QB last year that got some exposure so it's a spot for him. 6'7 or 6'8 is nice height for basketball and crazy good for baseball pitcher. Good luck to him from this guy from SP. I know talent when I see it.

This will really hurt Clay IMO.

It won't really matter If the Clay Co. Commission doesn't approve a school budget. The school system could shut down next week.

It won't really matter If the Clay Co. Commission doesn't approve a school budget. The school system could shut down next week.

Just saw in the HC that they passed a "maintenance of effort" budget at the deadline last night to keep schools open?

But they'll have to fund the federal mandates at some point they have no choice.

The article also said that this was the first year the school board had asked for additional funding in over 15 years. Gotta find a way.

Now speaking of Mr. Endicott, if he wants to come up to Cookeville and play quarterback his senior year we'd be glad to have him!

Edited by THE SQUAD