Riverside Jeff Robertson has resigned

TennesseeVol

Robertson had some serious health problems this season. One week he was in the hospital in Nashville early in the week, and on the field with his team that Friday night. Robertson is a good man and he could coach my kid anytime anywhere. 

Don't know him personally, but that's what I hear from everyone who does...I wish him well and hope that all is well health wise. I also gained a lot of respect for him from the way he delt with some "cheap shots" at Wayne County. All coaches want to win...not all coaches truly run their program in the manner to make their players into better human beings.

First, coaches do not coach for the money...if time and paycheck were audited, picking up cans along the roadside would be more lucrative. Now to contradict myself... for the stipend offered at Riverside, there would have to be some connection or attraction outside the "job" for a desirable coach to apply. There's always the chance that you hit paydirt with an unproven hire (Scotts Hill found the perfect fit), but I would highly doubt that a coach of Comer's caliber would leave an established program like McKenzie...even to go "home".

from what I've heard comer wanted for job last time but riverside wouldn't match the money he was getting from Mckenzie

from what I've heard comer wanted for job last time but riverside wouldn't match the money he was getting from Mckenzie

I have no Idea what Comer's salary is at McKenzie. I know what the coaching stipend is at Riverside and it's very small...the bad thing is, that they can't really afford to give all the coaches the raise needed to become "average" among area systems, and probably wouldn't just give the football coach that big of a raise without the other sports being included. There's a lot of pride and tradition associated with that program...if it's a priority to get a good coach there it can be done, but probably won't be a big name hire.

Don't know him personally, but that's what I hear from everyone who does...I wish him well and hope that all is well health wise. I also gained a lot of respect for him from the way he delt with some "cheap shots" at Wayne County. All coaches want to win...not all coaches truly run their program in the manner to make their players into better human beings.

What happened at WC?