The Haven 2016

kwc

Congratulations to ALL of the young men listed above from every school.

I want to give an extra special 'kudos' to the 10 young men listed above from Whitehaven. You young men had a very good season. You've helped to establish a high standard in the program that is to be followed by the underclassmen who follow in your footsteps. Those who have watched you put in the work both during the off-season and also during the actual season as it unfolded. It is a wonderful thing to see you get an opportunity to play on Saturdays while getting your post high school education paid for by someone else besides your parents. Take advantage of every opportunity that avails itself to you on your journey. You've all represented 'The Haven' with class and dignity. Once a Tiger ... always a Tiger!

P.S.

I think Tennessee State is getting TWO steals in Michael Perry III and Chris Rowland from Ravenwood. Both are SEC caliber in my opinion.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man ... I'm sitting here re-reading this and marveling at all four senior starting DB's in Donte, Rodney Jr., Rashun, and Kerrick all getting scholly's. Man ... that's huge! That defense was special. Tae Tae and Ced Jr. both getting scholly's as well. The senior LB's. Then big Mike Perry and Delvin. I knew they were going to be playing on Saturdays. I have to admit that Jalen Burks and Aaron Thompson both surprised me. I was hoping that Jamcole Banks, Adam Balkin, Myles Sails and Barshay Wilson would have gotten scholly's as well. Heck, to get 10 players an opportunity to sign LOI's is a significant accomplishment! Kudos to everyone who put in the work assisting these young men in attaining those scholarship offers.

Edited by kwc

Man ... I'm sitting here re-reading this and marveling at all four senior starting DB's in Donte, Rodney Jr., Rashun, and Kerrick all getting scholly's. Man ... that's huge! That defense was special. Tae Tae and Ced Jr. both getting scholly's as well. The senior LB's. Then big Mike Perry and Delvin. I knew they were going to be playing on Saturdays. I have to admit that Jalen Burks and Aaron Thompson both surprised me. I was hoping that Jamcole Banks, Adam Balkin, Myles Sails and Barshay Wilson would have gotten scholly's as well. Heck, to get 10 players an opportunity to sign LOI's is a significant accomplishment! Kudos to everyone who put in the work assisting these young men in attaining those scholarship offers.

This is what it's all about! Much bigger than just football! Hopefully these life lessons from the field will lead these young men to be good productive citizens in society! Congrats to all the TN players that signed! Respect the Haven!

We need to add the QB to the list of 2015 football players to receive scholly's. QB, Darrion Cole, signed a LOI to play at Lincoln University according Darrion's and the Whitehaven Twitter feeds respectively. Congrats to young Mr. Cole.

That brings the total up to 11 young men off of this 2015 roster. Fantastic!

Whitehaven's Football Twitter

Darrion Cole's Twitter

Edited by kwc

• 2 weeks later...

We need to add the QB to the list of 2015 football players to receive scholly's. QB, Darrion Cole, signed a LOI to play at Lincoln University according Darrion's and the Whitehaven Twitter feeds respectively. Congrats to young Mr. Cole.

Darrion Cole's Twitter

I'm loving this Whitehaven Football Twitter feed.

I see where J'Len Smith has already been to Miss State on an unofficial. Then I see where he, Jabbar Wilson, and Aubrey Miller all went to the U of M on an unofficial. Then I also see where Deniro Tillman, Tyrone Cason, Kylan Watkins, and big William Whitfield all went up to Western Kentucky.

Exposure, exposure, exposure!

Keep'em coming Whitehaven football ... keep'em coming!

Edited by kwc

I'm loving this Whitehaven Football Twitter feed.

I see where J'Len Smith has already been to Miss State on an unofficial. Then I see where he, Jabbar Wilson, and Aubrey Miller all went to the U of M on an unofficial. Then I also see where Deniro Tillman, Tyrone Cason, Kylan Watkins, and big William Whitfield all went up to Western Kentucky.

Exposure, exposure, exposure!

Keep'em coming Whitehaven football ... keep'em coming!

that is a lot of talent

Darrion Cole's Twitter

I see where Aubrey Miller got an offer from coach Norvell at the U of M on his visit. I think it is the first of many to come for him. He's got the size, athleticism, tenacity, and most importantly, the intellect to play the LB position extremely well on the next level. He's just an animal!

Great offer at U of M ... great offer!

Keep'em coming @ Whitehaven football twitter feed!

I see where Aubrey Miller got an offer from coach Norvell at the U of M on his visit. I think it is the first of many to come for him. He's got the size, athleticism, tenacity, and most importantly, the intellect to play the LB position extremely well on the next level. He's just an animal!

Great offer at U of M ... great offer!

Keep'em coming @ Whitehaven football twitter feed!

that is great news...