GCA 2016

Raven52

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

What is happening at Grace that their 2 best MS players are transferring out to another local private? I understand why their best player did it last year but this seems odd. Also heard one of them is ineligible next year after repeating 8th grade and playing again.

Just to clarify, we didn't have our best player transfer out last year. As for the 2 you mentioned, they wouldn't be a factor at Grace for a couple of years. Too small. I wish them the best of luck chasing their dream.

I wanted to clarify the too small statement. They will be freshmen is what I was referring to. As both mature and grow, I expect them to have fine HS careers. Wherever they decide to play. Again, I wish them both well.

Edited by gcapride

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised when I read Donovan Stewart's article on the top ten teams in the spring for 2-A that GCA scraped the single wing and also the defense.

8. Grace Christian Academy Rams
Last Year's Record- 7-6, lost to Hampton in Quarterfinals
Enrollment- 545.4 (303 multiplied by 1.8)
Head Coach- Randy McKamey (83-25 overall, nine years at GCA)
Offensive Coordinator- Randy McKamey
Defensive Coordinator- John Brewster
Region- 2-2A
Returning Starters on Offense/Defense- 3/3
Offense- Power Spread
Defense- 4-2-5
Key Returnees- Nick White (OL, Sr.), Luke Smith (OL/DL, Jr.), Bryson Morris (QB, Jr.) Ben Arnold (TE/DE, Jr.), Jared Rash (OL, Sr.) Jadon Tullock (OL, Jr.), Eli Norhorn, (TE/DE, Soph.), Bradley Rash, (LB, Soph.), Jackson Daniel, (DT, Fr.), Chandler Williams, (DB, Soph.), Zach Headrick (WR/FS, Sr.), Andrew Sorrells (LB/RB, Jr.), Luke Kirby, (QB/DB, Soph.), Jonah Duggins (SS/RB, Jr.)
Key Losses- Jimmy Clevenger (WR/DB), Dylan Todd (OG/DT) Rhett Elwood (TE/DE), Wade Sluss (RB/S), Tyler Beck (FB/LB), Kellen Pettus (OT), Griffin Witt (OG/LB), Seth Paczkowki (OL), Hayden Coffman (RB/LB), Chandler Bowman (DE), Blake Gilliland (DT), Nathan Pettit (DB), Jon Bouvier (S), Robby Windham (S), Lee Poff (DB)
Players Looking To Step Up- Nick White and Andrew Sorrells. White, a massive offensive tackle started the last two years and will be expected to help an offensive line that has only two starters back. Sorrells should make a big leap after starting at middle linebacker last season.
Spring Practice-April 25 - May 14
Spring Optimism- The Rams are coming off a quarterfinal round season last year and despite returning only six starters, they feel this group is ready to get GCA back to a deep run in the playoffs.
Spring Concerns- A lot of change has come to GCA as they have changed both offense (from the Wing T to the Spread) and defense (4-2-5 from the 4-3), so getting comfortable in both will be paramount.

I was surprised when I read Donovan Stewart's article on the top ten teams in the spring for 2-A that GCA scraped the single wing and also the defense.

8. Grace Christian Academy Rams

Last Year's Record- 7-6, lost to Hampton in Quarterfinals

Enrollment- 545.4 (303 multiplied by 1.8)

Head Coach- Randy McKamey (83-25 overall, nine years at GCA)

Offensive Coordinator- Randy McKamey

Defensive Coordinator- John Brewster

Region- 2-2A

Returning Starters on Offense/Defense- 3/3

Offense- Power Spread

Defense- 4-2-5

Key Returnees- Nick White (OL, Sr.), Luke Smith (OL/DL, Jr.), Bryson Morris (QB, Jr.) Ben Arnold (TE/DE, Jr.), Jared Rash (OL, Sr.) Jadon Tullock (OL, Jr.), Eli Norhorn, (TE/DE, Soph.), Bradley Rash, (LB, Soph.), Jackson Daniel, (DT, Fr.), Chandler Williams, (DB, Soph.), Zach Headrick (WR/FS, Sr.), Andrew Sorrells (LB/RB, Jr.), Luke Kirby, (QB/DB, Soph.), Jonah Duggins (SS/RB, Jr.)

Key Losses- Jimmy Clevenger (WR/DB), Dylan Todd (OG/DT) Rhett Elwood (TE/DE), Wade Sluss (RB/S), Tyler Beck (FB/LB), Kellen Pettus (OT), Griffin Witt (OG/LB), Seth Paczkowki (OL), Hayden Coffman (RB/LB), Chandler Bowman (DE), Blake Gilliland (DT), Nathan Pettit (DB), Jon Bouvier (S), Robby Windham (S), Lee Poff (DB)

Players Looking To Step Up- Nick White and Andrew Sorrells. White, a massive offensive tackle started the last two years and will be expected to help an offensive line that has only two starters back. Sorrells should make a big leap after starting at middle linebacker last season.

Spring Practice-April 25 - May 14

Spring Optimism- The Rams are coming off a quarterfinal round season last year and despite returning only six starters, they feel this group is ready to get GCA back to a deep run in the playoffs.

Spring Concerns- A lot of change has come to GCA as they have changed both offense (from the Wing T to the Spread) and defense (4-2-5 from the 4-3), so getting comfortable in both will be paramount.

wonder if the will still run cover 2?LOL.I expect GCA to RELOAD,from what I'm hearing.

wonder if the will still run cover 2?LOL.I expect GCA to RELOAD,from what I'm hearing.

They would about have to RELOAD after losing as many seniors as they did,but if anyone can RELOAD, its them. I really can't imagine them being a top 10 team without several key transfers.

They would about have to RELOAD after losing as many seniors as they did,but if anyone can RELOAD, its them. I really can't imagine them being a top 10 team without several key transfers.

A reload is a given...But it won't show this season...They're gearing up for D-II