Gordonsville 2013

croz6110

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us know how the defending 1A champs look tonight.

I came away pretty impressed. Our defensive front was the most impressive. I don't know if Dekalb had many positive rushing yards. Secondary got burnt a time or two but that can be ironed out with time though. Offensive line was probably the disappointment though. Not very good blocking. Left guard went down in the 2nd series and it really wasn't the same. The backs ran hard. Wasn't impressed or really disappointed in Cason though he ran average. The QB threw pretty bad to start the game but got better as it went on. Maybe nervousness to start? I don't know. Pretty good first scrimmage on GV's part. I believe starters was 2-2. Got to keep improving though. Especially o-line and secondary.

Refs blew a few plays dead early that hurt DC. Jennings scrambled around the corner and had wide open field but play was blown dead. Also what looked like a wr mid screen was blown dead when the pressure was goin toward Jennings before he threw and looked like the coaches got pretty heated after the second time.

The explaination I got was that the Dekalb coaches told the refs to blow it dead if Jennings got touched. They didn't want to get him hurt. But apparently on that Miami Screen they blew it too early for the coach's liking.

It sounds like Gordonsville has reloaded. Isn't Dekalb suppose to be really strong?

I wouldn't call it reloaded but the cupboard certainly isn't bare. This team is very very very inexperienced. I seem some rookie mistakes out there especially on the o-line. But they will get better week to week. And be alright in the playoffs. I'm not saying they can beat SP or Coalfield but they better not sleep on Gordonsville and bring their A game. Or they will be shocked.