Gordonsville 2013

croz6110

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jut look at Dekalb, a true turn around type program

I don't know if Dekalb has truly been "turned around" They had one great senior class. I want to see what happens in the next 2 years. But back to Gordonsville. They are not on the Hartsville jamboree schedule this year so I am assuming they are not playing in one. Which gives the "Moose" almost a whole extra week to study the York kid and a extra week to install a new defense. Everyone knows if you stop York, Upperman doesn't have a very good chance of winning. So don't be holding your breath on a huge Week 0 victory in my opinion

Look, Gordonsville is an elite 1A program, and yes they have been in a slump to an elite 2A program and an above average 3A program. Even though Gordonsville has been in a slump to these teams they've only missed the playoffs once since 1993. Upperman hasn't beat Gordonsville since 96. They could very well do it this year, but Upperman hasn't done anything to make anyone think they'll do anything noteworthy. On paper, they return some very good football players, and Gordonsville lost a bunch of good football players. Upperman is 3A and Gville is 1A. So, on paper, Upperman should win, but history says otherwise.

Either way, it will be closer than in year's past.

Look, Gordonsville is an elite 1A program, and yes they have been in a slump to an elite 2A program and an above average 3A program. Even though Gordonsville has been in a slump to these teams they've only missed the playoffs once since 1993. Upperman hasn't beat Gordonsville since 96. They could very well do it this year, but Upperman hasn't done anything to make anyone think they'll do anything noteworthy. On paper, they return some very good football players, and Gordonsville lost a bunch of good football players. Upperman is 3A and Gville is 1A. So, on paper, Upperman should win, but history says otherwise.

Either way, it will be closer than in year's past.

I can agree with this. Good post.

I would call DeKalb a turn around program. They have been good since '08 that was before the set of seniors that graduated last year even played high school yet. I think G'ville will have a good season, i'm routing for you guys now like i was at the state championship game last year. Your running back is something else to watch :popcorneater: :popcorneater:

I would call DeKalb a turn around program. They have been good since '08 that was before the set of seniors that graduated last year even played high school yet. I think G'ville will have a good season, i'm routing for you guys now like i was at the state championship game last year. Your running back is something else to watch :popcorneater: :popcorneater:

It looks like you will get to see him one more time as the boys will travel to Smithville for a scrimmage later in the fall. I wonder if the inexpiernced o-line will allow him to be as effective as last year. I believe I could have ran through some of those holes our two tackles made. On the other hand the play of the year for G-Ville last year was a run against Friendship where he broke 8 tackles. Maybe he doesn't need the blocking. But it is a team game.... and we have a QB that can actually throw the ball really well this year so the sky is the limit for this team. They can be as good as they want. I say 7-3 or 8-2

It looks like you will get to see him one more time as the boys will travel to Smithville for a scrimmage later in the fall. I wonder if the inexpiernced o-line will allow him to be as effective as last year. I believe I could have ran through some of those holes our two tackles made. On the other hand the play of the year for G-Ville last year was a run against Friendship where he broke 8 tackles. Maybe he doesn't need the blocking. But it is a team game.... and we have a QB that can actually throw the ball really well this year so the sky is the limit for this team. They can be as good as they want. I say 7-3 or 8-2

who do prdict beats GHS?