Blackman vs Bowling Green

erikays2

It may well have been disgraceful. There were missed calls and just plain bad calls, but why does everyone blame the football team? They have nothing, I repeat nothing to do with the refs. They played a very good game and won. I saw nothing that our players did to warrant all this criticism. Blame the refs all you want, but don't lay the blame on our football team. They were just doing what football players do and doing it rather well, I might add. It sounds like we might be heading into deliverance country the way you grown men are talking. How about we let the boys decide it on the field, just like they did this year. Ultimately, your coach is to blame, for letting it get out of hand. He can't control his team and he made some very bad calls in this one. Maybe you just figured out why you lost to Oakland. What was the excuse for that game?

Who is blaming the football team?  You say doing it rather well...you guys got out-gained by 150 or so yards.  You had one touchdown drive that was gifted by 60 yards worth of penalties.  I would have loved it if the boys would have decided it on the field.  However, that was not allowed to happen, and how you can say "just like they did this year" is laughable.  We lost to Oakland because they were better than us that night and we put the ball on the ground at least 3 times and still only lost by 6.

At least we were smart enough to get the win before you took your pig and went home.

Stay classy Bowling Green!!

I certainly agree that both teams played their hearts out, but most of your fans seem to have something personal against the players and fans. Surely you can see why some people don't want to play this game next year. This years game was a hair away from a riot breaking out and it sounds like that's what's waiting for our boys next year. Please remember, the players and fans of Bowling Green were not responsible for the referees and wanted nothing more than a fair game. I understand that people were upset, but we have to play with those refs all the time.

Again, nothing personal against the players.  Your fans, however, were almost as bad as the refs.  How do grown "adults" get their kicks by going behind a visitor's bench, where there are NO bleachers and harrass and curse at teenagers all night?!?!?!?!?  Please defend that.  The fans in the bleachers weren't much better, cursing at our band and cheerleaders.

Dude, we are not responsible for those refs. What part of that don't you get. I'm glad it was on camera so hopefully your players won't get suspended. We just wanted to play football, just like you.

So I guess all that cussing your coach did to the refs was for them to call a "fair" game?

Wow! Here is what I think. Some fans from both fan bases were guilty of being stupid. Again, don't blame the players for other peoples ignorance. Most of you folks just sound like sore losers. You are blinded by your pride for your team. Why don't you address the real culprit? The head coach. He should have talked to his team after the second unsportsmanship penalty. He should have calmed his team down and told them that these hick refs are gonna try and screw us so don't give them any ammunition, but he didn't do that. If he did, then his team didn't listen to him. Six unsportsmanlike penalties? Your coach failed his players on that night. Honestly, if he thought the fix was in, he should have loaded up the buses and headed south. Anything is better than letting a few refs steal the game away from you. You don't let them screw your boys like that and whine about it later. If he would have done his job, we wouldn't be having this conversation today. It wasn't his fault that refs were terrible, but it was his fault that he let our coach get under his skin and did nothing to protect his players from the refs. But hey, to each his own. If you like games like that, give him a raise and turn him loose.

Really???? It was our head coach's fault that our QB got hit TWICE out of bounds, and no late hit is called?  It was our head coach's fault that the ref was not in the correct position and our TE has to dodge him and grazes his arm as he is breaking the huddle?  It was our head coach's fault that your olineman was holding our DE's foot and when he pulled it back, they called another on us????  By the way, he did have that conversation.  So he let your coach "get under his skin"????? That is unbelievable!  A coach should NEVER have to "protect his players from the refs".  That is absolutely laughable.

You said we were "blinded by your pride for your team".  If that isn't pot calling kettle black I don't know what is.  For one instance, put yourself on the other side.  How would you feel if your 38 game win streak would have ended because you guys racked up 120+ yards in largely shady fashion.  You guys would flip your lids, and don't even try to say otherwise.

We would have been mad as heck, but wouldn't blame the player for grown #### men's mistake. By the way, some of your own fans posted on this board about a few retarded fans. We all have them. I'm just saying that our team worked just as hard as Blackmon to win that game. The refs are not ours or yours. Why blame us for what they did. There was nothing we could do about it and if you think different then you are nuttier than our coach. Our boys aren't into give backs, so I guess we will finish it next year... Or not.

We would have been mad as heck, but wouldn't blame the player for grown #### men's mistake. By the way, some of your own fans posted on this board about a few retarded fans. We all have them. I'm just saying that our team worked just as hard as Blackmon to win that game. The refs are not ours or yours. Why blame us for what they did. There was nothing we could do about it and if you think different then you are nuttier than our coach. Our boys aren't into give backs, so I guess we will finish it next year... Or not.

Since you are saying there was nothing you could do about it, are admitting the poor officiating that tremendously benefited the home team, and that the better team lost? I doubt you have the integrity and courage to do that, even though there is great video evidence proving it on the field.

Its pretty sad and an indication of inferior Kentucky football that the #1 team in Ky had to have horrendously lopsided officiating to beat the #7 TN team. 

The better team got robbed. You condone it. Shame on you. 

Please show me who is blaming the BG players!!!  I think it is perfectly obvious who is to blame.  If you want to think that "our team worked just as hard as Blackman to win that game" go right ahead.  I hope that helps you guys sleep better.  Of course there is nothing "you" could have done.  Just accept and ackowledge the truth.  BG is a good football team.  Are they better than Blackman, no, but they are good.  Don't come back with, well we beat you so we must be better, either. 

And yes, the refs are yours.  They are the Kentucky association's, so YES, they are yours....and it was perfectly obvious that they weren't going to let some out of state team come up there and beat the local powerhouse and stop their winning streak.  Spin it any other way you want, but that IS the truth!!!

Guys...dont beat up the KY posters too bad.  I am actually quite interested in getting HONEST feedback from them.  I dont want to discourage them from posting.  No way am I paying $20 just to post on their KY board right now.

I agree with you, but I don't think you are going to get a whole lot of "honest" feedback.  I do applaud Biggie for sticking around.  Good ole "Football7272" has all but vanished ever since the video surfaced.  In my opinion, that is the most "honest feedback" you can get.

Thank you guys for posting the video.  I listened to Coach Shadowens on Tate Matthew's show Saturday AM, and he described the sequence that was posted in the youtube clip.  This is downright laughable.  

So, if I'm interpreting things correctly, the Blackman QB is hit TWICE out of bounds, and BG easily could/should have been flagged for a late hit, but isn't...okay fine, I get really tired of those calls.  It's probably by rule a PF call on BG, but understandable if the ref is letting those calls go for both teams.  Then....what exactly?  The Blackman QB is flagged for....what?  Complaining to the refs or something?  

And then, the Blackman TE is flagged for..... touching the ref?  Is he supposed to just stand in place until the ref decides to move?  What if he doesn't move?  Do you walk a circle around him?  Is this even real????  Honestly, who wants to win that way?  Props to Blackman for being in position to win the game, on the road, in that kind of non-sensical environment...

I would say it's unfair to paint KY officials with any sort of broad brush.  I've been involved in games in KY as a player and fan and don't ever recall battling officials like this....it's one thing to be called for holding, pass interference or something consistently....but 15-yard personal foul penalties?

Serious question for anyone who was at the game...what was Blackman penalized for at the end of the run?  The play ends at around the 50, and the subsequent LOS is 15 yards back.  The video doesn't show any of the Blackman players talking to anyone but each other (though it does include a BG coach in the visor walking over and saying something, either to the Blackman players or his player on the field; can't tell whom he is talking to).

Edited by big red big blue