Waverly hosts Lewis County rd2

rednecktiger31

2 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

After watching some  film I can say it's scary the Waverly can score 60 with the starter out at halftime!!!I don't know who can score with them even with a very average D! 

Thanks peabodypride. Yea there able to put up points at any giving time. I think defense has gotten better and get enough stops .  its hard to out score Waverly they have alot of play makers and a whole lot of speed which makes up for r size. 

9 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Thanks peabodypride. Yea there able to put up points at any giving time. I think defense has gotten better and get enough stops .  its hard to out score Waverly they have alot of play makers and a whole lot of speed which makes up for r size. 

Just call it like I see it!Your squad is a dang hard matchup for anyone!GL Friday!!

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Can you explain how Union City has been a top tier program? I understand that they throw about 4 passes per game, but they're no stranger to championship caliber football. All that is required to win in football is to outscore your opponent, and there are several different ways to do that, including running the ball. Sharp is a quality human being...he's a community cornerstone, who I'm sure has had offers over the years for the "bigger and better deal", yet has remained in Hohenwald and cemented Lewis County as a perennial frontrunner for the region championship, along with mentoring a 'couple of generations worth of young men. Every Board of Education who doesn't have that type of man running their program should be looking for one, and yet every program who has one seems to have a moron or two like yourself who doesn't appreciate the good, only looking for "better". The only thing that Coach Sharp hasn't accomplished is winning a state championship, and he may never get one...if he doesn't, it does not diminish what he has meant to Lewis County and Hohenwald.

You brought up some very good points and I agree with everything you just said. I do not want this to be a bash the coach tho thing. Out of respect for both programs everybody just please ignore the so crap they are going to post. Lets talk Waverly vs lewis

9 hours ago, TRamrod38 said:

They are Sorry at Passing, as the coach doesn't know what a pass is and sorry at defending a pass as well. because all they know is how to run a football at Lewis Co. A team that passes the ball will have a field day with them, as any team will with a running and passing game. Lewis Co. will always be a 1st or 2nd round exit in the playoffs until they learn how to pass. They got the run down path really well as they have for 30 years. Until they have a mixed up game plan with the run and pass they will never get close to a GOLD BALL period. You have to keep the defense honest, if they know you run the ball 100 times a game they know how to defend you in the playoffs. Lewis Co. need to take notes this Friday Night, McConnell will show you why he left Lewis Co. NO PASSING.

Always such a Ray of sunshine when playoffs roll around. 49 posts, at least 40 bashing Coach Sharp, wanting him replaced, but only every couple of years in late October or November. That is grinding an axe to it's eye.

53 minutes ago, TheStuff said:

Always such a Ray of sunshine when playoffs roll around. 49 posts, at least 40 bashing Coach Sharp, wanting him replaced, but only every couple of years in late October or November. That is grinding an axe to it's eye.

Good thing is that Raymond is a very good driver.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:39 PM, vandyfan1 said:

Waverly still needs to tighten up of defense just a bit more. #1 and his crew for Waverly will have to show up for this one being it's a running based team. After seeing the scores from last night its telling me that R5 hasn't got anything Waverly can't handle but you better believe Lewis is going to bring it. Just hope they are not a team that likes to play a little dirty like Forrest did with the late hits and throwing punches. These slow starts for Waverly have got to stop also. Glad we got to play a little scrappy  team like Forrest to get back in sink. Looking forward to this WEEK!!

I'm with you Vandy, the slow starts are killing me! We have to do something to get the boys blood boiling before they get behind every week. Can't afford that from here on out!!!!

Webb is a kid that is on the level of Waverly in terms of speed. If Lewis can get him the ball (I mean he is the QB, lol) and allow him to use his speed, could be interesting. I think Lewis will score more than people think. I still see a 56-35 type game. But give or take a few of those and could be interesting like Waverly's Fairview result.