COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS WAVERLY 2A QUARTERFINALS

BulldawgsRise

4 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

I hate CA as much as anybody but I respect where they have gotten their program to. I said early on that I thought Waverly would win this side of the bracket and go to Cookeville but there's some good teams left and I won't be surprised if it ain't CA moving forward. Waverly, CA, UC and Peabody all capable of winning it all

Yes should be two great games this week in the west.

I drive through Waverly frequently for business and I am fond of small towns like theirs and it is similar to the one I grew up in. I love how these communities wrap themselves into their HS sports. I know the town will come over to support them, and I am excited they get to come to CA campus. The vast majority of us will be welcoming to our visitors and want you to leave, regardless of the outcome, with a good impression of our school, it’s supporters and students.  The field is natural bermuda, but of course it is brown, so we have sown winter rye.  It’s holding up well.  The visitors bleachers will hold about 600. There’s plenty of parking behind the visitors stands, and to the right or left. There’s lots of selections in our concessions and hope you’ll come early to eat with us.  If Waverly’s radio can’t be tuned in, and you like to listen while watching live, tune into 101.7 FM.  We also broadcast live on NFHSnetwork.com on the internet if you can’t make it.  From stats point of view off of MxP, the keys to the game: Waverly has to stop CA’s clock running ground and pound game, outrushing Waverly on the year by almost 100 yds, and CA has to ground Waverly’s quick strike passing attack, out pacing CAs developing passing game by 200 yds per game.  Can’t wait.  Y’all be safe coming over  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Everybody talks about our passing game and I hope thats all they practice on is defending our passing game. Just like last yr when a team tried to stop the pass you get thumped by the running game. You try to stop the running game you will get left looking like :shock:! Waverly is loaded on the offense. 

True that everyone forgets we got a beast in the back field that ran fir over 2000 last year. 

Curious to what some of the Lewis county fans and Forrest fans think about the match up since they know both teams. I didn't have the pleasure of watching CA this yr with that brutal r7 I went to some of those games instead. CA must be a pretty darn good team. This is were you get to the really good teams and the margins of victory get slimmer and slimmer. 

49 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Curious to what some of the Lewis county fans and Forrest fans think about the match up since they know both teams. I didn't have the pleasure of watching CA this yr with that brutal r7 I went to some of those games instead. CA must be a pretty darn good team. This is were you get to the really good teams and the margins of victory get slimmer and slimmer. 

Lewis county folks said last night we will beat em 

4 hours ago, OldMain said:

I drive through Waverly frequently for business and I am fond of small towns like theirs and it is similar to the one I grew up in. I love how these communities wrap themselves into their HS sports. I know the town will come over to support them, and I am excited they get to come to CA campus. The vast majority of us will be welcoming to our visitors and want you to leave, regardless of the outcome, with a good impression of our school, it’s supporters and students.  The field is natural bermuda, but of course it is brown, so we have sown winter rye.  It’s holding up well.  The visitors bleachers will hold about 600. There’s plenty of parking behind the visitors stands, and to the right or left. There’s lots of selections in our concessions and hope you’ll come early to eat with us.  If Waverly’s radio can’t be tuned in, and you like to listen while watching live, tune into 101.7 FM.  We also broadcast live on NFHSnetwork.com on the internet if you can’t make it.  From stats point of view off of MxP, the keys to the game: Waverly has to stop CA’s clock running ground and pound game, outrushing Waverly on the year by almost 100 yds, and CA has to ground Waverly’s quick strike passing attack, out pacing CAs developing passing game by 200 yds per game.  Can’t wait.  Y’all be safe coming over  

Thanks for all the info Oldmain, my son travels from Clarksville to watch his step brothers play when we are at home or close to it but this one may be too far for him to get to see. I was just curious on the turf/grass thing. Can't wait to watch a lil film on yall and I'm sure this will be a long week waiting on Friday to get here!