FORREST COACHING SEARCH 2018

2 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

can u share some more info about the scrimmage

Forrest threw the ball well and had receivers make some plays downfield.  solid, physical running game and defense had some good takeaways. Impressed with Forrest's size. Forrest looked very sharp to me: very surprising that the coach would walk away from a promising team

that ssomething they will have this year for sure over previous year's. a passing game.  Coach Johns i;m sure doesnt feel like he is walking away from them as much as walking to his family. Speaks more to his quality of character if you ask me. He is turning over a solid team to someone - I see what you're saying tho

13 hours ago, FreeAgent11 said:

Dobbs is a great Coach.   He's a Kevin Creasy disciple and does things very similar.   He's big on facilities upkeep and the difference in Moore County's field after he took over was quickly noticeable.   I haven't heard anything about him being interested in the Forrest opening.    It would be an upgrade in facilities and roster size.   I'd assume a little more money also so who knows.   

Dobbs is a great guy. We miss him in TC.

im beginning to think stability is impossible here.  

i get that Forrest has been a place for guy to move up. 

Coleman goes to Summit, i think they made final 4 in 6a last year.    Keisky goes to Centennial and goes to the final 4 of  5A in his first season.  We've had some good guys. 

What made Johns different was that he was a local guy who seemed to want to stay. So when he leaves, I will be honest, something make me question whether it was due to fans, administration, players, etc. 

"for family" i mean no one is gonna question. so it's gonna die there 

5 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

im beginning to think stability is impossible here.  

i get that Forrest has been a place for guy to move up. 

Coleman goes to Summit, i think they made final 4 in 6a last year.    Keisky goes to Centennial and goes to the final 4 of  5A in his first season.  We've had some good guys. 

What made Johns different was that he was a local guy who seemed to want to stay. So when he leaves, I will be honest, something make me question whether it was due to fans, administration, players, etc. 

"for family" i mean no one is gonna question. so it's gonna die there 

A lot of us in the 2A world can find it hard to keep a good coach for 5+ years. At least it seems they have a good history of picking a quality guy loyal or not. Best of luck in the search.

10 hours ago, GoWarriors said:

A lot of us in the 2A world can find it hard to keep a good coach for 5+ years. At least it seems they have a good history of picking a quality guy loyal or not. Best of luck in the search.

Problem is a winning coach is fine in this football world we live in until they have a bad season. Somehow 4 winning seasons is negated by the fith seasons 4-6 record. As a fanbase and leader you have to accept the good with the bad. You aren't gonna have the best team in football every year. But you can't guillotine a coach for a bad year. Also politics are a factor in alot of decisions and that's just a fact of the sad world we live in. If I'm not mistaken Redbanks coach is a casualty of this such practice. Look at his record this past season and was let go... odd wouldn't you think?

5 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Problem is a winning coach is fine in this football world we live in until they have a bad season. Somehow 4 winning seasons is negated by the fith seasons 4-6 record. As a fanbase and leader you have to accept the good with the bad. You aren't gonna have the best team in football every year. But you can't guillotine a coach for a bad year. Also politics are a factor in alot of decisions and that's just a fact of the sad world we live in. If I'm not mistaken Redbanks coach is a casualty of this such practice. Look at his record this past season and was let go... odd wouldn't you think?

Odd indeed. How many years has your guy been at Meigs?