Tommy Layne re-elected to T$$AA Board of Control

MountainTroll

Why term the county with that name?

Why is it bad for Signal?

Just trying to stir the pot a little thumb[1].gif

I really don't think he likes us very much. blush.png

But I have always like SC football, love the stadium and the "small town" atmosphere. If I was a coach in the area, would be a very attractive place to coach. Great kids.

I did get the F bomb dropped on me in front of my then 11 y/o daughter after the SM / Seq game two years ago from a parent clad in purple. That really left a bad taste in my mouth for SOME of the Indian fans.

I would rather have the F bomb dropped on me 100 times over than what a EH mother said to me after our game with them this year................you guys have a great band. roflol.gifblink.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure.

You think the teams that would have 5 hour region round trips think 5 classes is a good idea? How about Boyd-Buchanan, getting to stay in the current 2A group now instead of possibly seeing teams like Alcoa in the playoffs. Or how about teams that would be in 9 or 10 team regions and would be forced to cancel games against long time rivals no longer in their districts? Even more, how about the teams that are smallest in their classes, now they can face schools closer to their size in the playoffs. There are advantages and disadvantages in both systems. If the the worst part of the six class/three class playoff system is the uncertainty about who opponents will be then it's the better system. Glitches like the Sullivan South mess aren't the fault of the system it's the fault of whoever was over it and things will be checked and rechecked even more next year.

Here is my guess on what Sequatchie's football region would be, in a five-class group. The school dropped about 25 from the previous enrollment but it would likely be enough to go into 2A, where they'd be one of the largest. Notre Dame could only go up one class, to 2A.

Sequatchie Co. High School FB 655

Bledsoe Co. High School FB 588

Marion Co. High School FB 523

Notre Dame High School FB 396, 713

Silverdale Baptist FB 252, 454

Tyner Academy FB 563

Brainerd High School FB 627

Howard School FB 644

Tyner has been strong for a while-though they're beatable, as Sweetwater proved. Marion and Notre Dame are definitely on the upswing but the school has competed with both fairly well over the last 10-15 years. But as a whole, what exactly is Sequatchie supposed to be ducking, or what advantage is to be gained by "fighting" the five class system? Easy travel, ensuring two valley opponents remain on the schedule, A negative would be gate but some of the likely 3A teams wouldn't be much better in that regard.

It wouldn't be ideal, or close to it, for every school. I just counted three in Hamilton County in 4A-Chattanooga Central, East Hamilton and Soddy-Daisy. Those schools would either have to go to the Knoxville area, or the midstate. I really doubt they'd like that better than the current system.