Martin Luther King Coach

ParisRiverRat

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

I said MLK would win and Haywood would not even score 50. WAS I RIGHT OR WHAT??? Haywood is a team that has outscored the likes of Mitchell and Jackson North Side this year, but MLK is not a scoring team. They slowed the game down an forced Haywood to play sluggish. The Tomcats got very frustrated which is why they could not throw it in the ocean from the field. MLK is well coached and they will be playing Bolivar in the semifinals for the second straight year.

For all you Doc haters, please leave him alone. How many coaches in TN have two state championships and numerous State app.? Not many. Yes he has crazy antics but if you watch him he is constantly coaching during the game and the kids learn from him and they make themselves better. Today he sits Johnny Lee most of the 2nd half because he isnt playing well, how many other coaches take out their best player during crucial stretches. Smith played well today and Haywood had some great athletes and blocked alot of MLK shots with their long wingspans, but was disrpted by MLK's defense. Good luck to Mlk and Doc the rest of the way.

For all you Doc haters, please leave him alone. How many coaches in TN have two state championships and numerous State app.? Not many. Yes he has crazy antics but if you watch him he is constantly coaching during the game and the kids learn from him and they make themselves better. Today he sits Johnny Lee most of the 2nd half because he isnt playing well, how many other coaches take out their best player during crucial stretches. Smith played well today and Haywood had some great athletes and blocked alot of MLK shots with their long wingspans, but was disrpted by MLK's defense. Good luck to Mlk and Doc the rest of the way.

825622236[/snapback]

I hate to tell u, but I don't subscribe to the theory that MLK played GREAT DEFENSE today. I've seen Haywood too many times this year. They just flat out could not shoot today. I mean they could not throw it in the ocean. MLK gave them many wide open shots all day. Haywood is a much better team than what they showed today. Don't get me wrong, MLK is a very good team, and they are great at what they do, but I don't think that they could ever play Haywood again and Haywood shoot that bad! I don't think that MLK should be called MLK. They should be called The Doc Shelton Experience. He is the only thing that is not boring to watch during an MLK game. I'm glad that most other coaches realize that the game is about the players and the school, not themselves.