Siegel

Riverdale

Oakland

Lebanon

Cookville

White Co.

Blackman

Warren Co.

Ok here it is Siegel and Riverdale will be a cut above the rest of the competition. The 3-6 spots are a toss up, Oakland, Lebanon, Cookeville, and White Co. are all the same. And as last year, Blackman and Warren will round out the 8 team district.

I am really pulling for Riverdale, looks like everyone has them in their top two

, and i think that is where they should be. But they should be very tough. I see the starting 5 looking somethin like this 1) Kit Hartsfield 2) Scott Thomas 3) Andrew Barrett 4) Kevin Smith 5) Jesse Mayfield.........that is pretty strong, that would be a big lineup, and an experienced one, all 5 started atleast 2 games last year, with Kit Hartsfield and Kevin Smith being returning full time starters. Tee Burnett is going to make a name for himself next year and could easily start. EJ Wilcox will be a reliable backup, he played big minutes early on this year when football players were gone and even scored 13 in a game. Tanner Gore is on of only about 2 true post on the team, he is 6'6 and will be a very good post sub. Tyler Lusk will also see significant minutes. He is very strong and a difficult matchup, he plays linebacker and tight end on the football team and will be a force on the hardwood as well. Deandre Maupins and Michael Young will be the 2 biggest contributers from the freshmen team. Both should see big minutes early on with football players such as Thomas, Hartsfield and Lusk gone making another run for the state ship again. Maupins is a point guard and will has the best handles in the district. Young is a 4 and he can dunk vetically as a freshmen and has a boatload of potential.

Also there are rumors of Pico Nance, Oaklands prized freshmen, coming to Riverdale. He is a great player and would be a nice addition and could make a case for starting PG. Also I know that Blackmans sharp shooting David Barnes wants to make the switch to Riverdale.

I am also pretty sure Blackmans Jaffarious Wade is going to Oakland

But watch out for Riverdale and Siegel next year.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LHS was predominantly seniors

825628610[/snapback]

No question Lebanon lost alot, but they have alot returning. Donald will be hard to replace but 6'5 Brian Henderson has proven he can be a solid big man. Nick Payne returns at the shooting guard and he made the all-district, all-district tournament and all-region tournament team. He is a player. Britton Winfree returns as a power forward and can be as good as anyone in the league. John Presley is back and he was the leading 3-point shooter in the district last year while coming off the bench. Moving into the starting lineup should only increase his numbers. The next spot will be between Marc Hancock, a tremendous defender and rebounder and Ken Walton, a tremendous offensive player.

I think you can say Lebanon is reloading, not rebuilding.

I see Siegel winning the district but I don't think it will be as easy as everyone thinks. Losing Ross will hurt. I believe 2nd is up for grabs with Lebanon, Cookeville, White Co., Oakland and Riverdale. Although Warren Co. will be better, 7th will be a good finish for them. If what I read in an earlier post is true (Wade going to Oakland), Blackman is destined for last.

Edited by getthatstuffoutahere

2005-2006

Siegel

Riverdale

Oakland

Lebanon

Cookville

White Co.

Blackman

Warren Co.

Ok here it is Siegel and Riverdale will be a cut above the rest of the competition. The 3-6 spots are a toss up, Oakland, Lebanon, Cookeville, and White Co. are all the same. And as last year, Blackman and Warren will round out the 8 team district.

I am really pulling for Riverdale, looks like everyone has them in their top two

, and i think that is where they should be. But they should be very tough. I see the starting 5 looking somethin like this 1) Kit Hartsfield 2) Scott Thomas 3) Andrew Barrett 4) Kevin Smith 5) Jesse Mayfield.........that is pretty strong, that would be a big lineup, and an experienced one, all 5 started atleast 2 games last year, with Kit Hartsfield and Kevin Smith being returning full time starters. Tee Burnett is going to make a name for himself next year and could easily start. EJ Wilcox will be a reliable backup, he played big minutes early on this year when football players were gone and even scored 13 in a game. Tanner Gore is on of only about 2 true post on the team, he is 6'6 and will be a very good post sub. Tyler Lusk will also see significant minutes. He is very strong and a difficult matchup, he plays linebacker and tight end on the football team and will be a force on the hardwood as well. Deandre Maupins and Michael Young will be the 2 biggest contributers from the freshmen team. Both should see big minutes early on with football players such as Thomas, Hartsfield and Lusk gone making another run for the state ship again. Maupins is a point guard and will has the best handles in the district. Young is a 4 and he can dunk vetically as a freshmen and has a boatload of potential.

Also there are rumors of Pico Nance, Oaklands prized freshmen, coming to Riverdale. He is a great player and would be a nice addition and could make a case for starting PG. Also I know that Blackmans sharp shooting David Barnes wants to make the switch to Riverdale.

825628566[/snapback]

As much as i would hate to see Pico go, ill more than happily take Jaffarious over Pico, will make Oakland that much stronger when they make their big run at state in 06-07

2005-2006

Siegel

Riverdale

Oakland

Lebanon

Cookville

White Co.

Blackman

Warren Co.

825628566[/snapback]

Actually just for the record.....Here is Jaffarious Wade's story.......He is not for sure where he is goin to end up next year, as of right now he lives with his Grandmother and his dad just recently moved back in with them, his dad is looking for his own place and if it happens to be in the Oakland zone that is where he will go one because it will only make him better and he will be familiar with his teammates, he and Chaisson have played together for years and they have a good vibe on the same team.....if not then he is going to stay at Blackman because it is not worth it to sit out his whole junior year......so dont jump to any conclusions about him just yet.