Who will win the NL central

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is gonna put up these huge offensive numbers for the Reds? they will have a decent lineup if Griffey stays healthy but it still wont be as good as the Cardinals or Cubs. their pitching staff doesnt even compare to Cards, Cubs, or Astros. i could be wrong but i see them coming in 4th in that division with the Cubs on top if Prior and Wood can get healthy.

who is gonna put up these huge offensive numbers for the Reds? they will have a decent lineup if Griffey stays healthy but it still wont be as good as the Cardinals or Cubs. their pitching staff doesnt even compare to Cards, Cubs, or Astros. i could be wrong but i see them coming in 4th in that division with the Cubs on top if Prior and Wood can get healthy.

825631540[/snapback]

Actually overall, I like the Reds pitching staff as good as I do the Cards, the Reds have some young live arms in Harang, Wagner, and Claussen and brought in some solid expierence with Ramon Ortiz and Eric Milton! The Cards only consistant pitcher is Mulder with Morris and Carpenter seeming to be up and down all the time and Marquis has looked awful this spring! As far as the sticks go, you have to look at age, all the of the Cards starting OF's are 34 or more(Edmonds 34, Sanders 37, and Walker 38) so can they stay healthy and if they do how productive will they be? The cards still dont have a solid answer at catcher though I am assuming it will be Molina or Diaz? Sure Pujols and Rolen are still there but they replaced Renteria and Womack with Eckstein and Grudzielanek! Alot of age and alot of questions? The Cubs have Prior and Wood on the DL right now, so you know they will start the season slow! So I have to take the reds! thumb

1) Cardinals

2) Astros

3) Cubs

4) Pirates

5) Reds

6) Selig's Losers

The Cardinals have the best overall team (about a 95-win team, though, not 105), the Astros and Cubs will be within a couple of games of each other at about 89 and 87, the Pirates will flirt with 500, the Reds will simply not have any pitching -- again, and the Brewers will continue their two decades of total incompetence.

1) Cardinals

2) Astros

3) Cubs

4) Pirates

5) Reds

6) Selig's Losers

The Cardinals have the best overall team (about a 95-win team, though, not 105), the Astros and Cubs will be within a couple of games of each other at about 89 and 87, the Pirates will flirt with 500, the Reds will simply not have any pitching -- again, and the Brewers will continue their two decades of total incompetence.

825631665[/snapback]

I see it more like this

Reds

Cards

Cubs

Astros

Brewers

Pirates

Actually overall, I like the Reds pitching staff as good as I do the Cards, the Reds have some young live arms in Harang, Wagner, and Claussen and brought in some solid expierence with Ramon Ortiz and Eric Milton! The Cards only consistant pitcher is Mulder with Morris and Carpenter seeming to be up and down all the time and Marquis has looked awful this spring! As far as the sticks go, you have to look at age, all the of the Cards starting OF's are 34 or more(Edmonds 34, Sanders 37, and Walker 38) so can they stay healthy and if they do how productive will they be? The cards still dont have a solid answer at catcher though I am assuming it will be Molina or Diaz? Sure Pujols and Rolen are still there but they replaced Renteria and Womack with Eckstein and Grudzielanek! Alot of age and alot of questions? The Cubs have Prior and Wood on the DL right now, so you know they will start the season slow! So I have to take the reds! thumb

825631662[/snapback]

like i said...the reds pitching staff isnt very good. Eric Milton is the only half way reliable starter they have. Danny Graves will blow his fair share of saves this year as well with that era around 4, thats just not acceptable for a closer, Wagner will probably take his job before the allstar break. The Cards will likely take the division but the Cubs will push them for the top spot. about the Cards outfielders, Edmonds is coming off of the best season of his career, Walker was hot down the stretch, and Sanders is a consistent 20-30 hr guy. maybe the Reds will take it but i just dont see it happenin without them bringing in some pitching and another big bat to go along side the strikeout machine Adam Dunn.

oh and by the way....Wood and Prior arent on the DL and are scheduled to start games 4 and 5....which could end up being 4 or 5 weeks from now considering the fact that they acted as though Prior's injury was nothing last year and he missed half the season.

1. Cardinals

2. Cubs

3. Astros

4. Reds

5. Brewers- they should give up Ben Sheets cause they are wasting his incredible talent by not putting any bats behind him

6. Pirates