Is is Oakland Doing?

Sidetrain

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not got to talk to my friend so could someone feel me in.

825638078[/snapback]

Oakland is struggling right now. Hitting, pitching, and fielding is not there right now like is was before the season started. I am confident the guys will rebound and right the ship. They have no where to go but up from here. Maybe an out of town weekend tourny is just what the guys need to relax and play ball and get things going again. They definetly have the talent and can put is together for a strong finish. How about it guys are you up for the challenge? I believe you are!!! Lets play Oakland baseball this weekend.

Oakland is struggling right now. Hitting, pitching, and fielding is not there right now like is was before the season started. I am confident the guys will rebound and right the ship. They have no where to go but up from here. Maybe an out of town weekend tourny is just what the guys need to relax and play ball and get things going again. They definetly have the talent and can put is together for a strong finish. How about it guys are you up for the challenge? I believe you are!!! Lets play Oakland baseball this weekend.

825639701[/snapback]

I agree with you, playing somebody out of our immediate region may help the guys relax and have some fun. Right now, Oakland just isnt playing with any consistency. There will be days when the offense does well and the defense struggles and vice versa. For Oakland to meet the expectations that folks placed upon them, they have maintain some level of consistency. Hawks had had teams that strugged immensly( 2002 Team started out 5-11 and finished 21-17) so there is no need to panic

I argee there is no reason to panick. Expectations were high and I think the players are pressing right now, making some bad decisions, trying to do too much. Blackman is a good team and do not want to take anything away from them. Once the flares start falling and a big 2 out hit happens, things will start to happen. Baseball is a fair game and the tides will turn!

It's good to see that you guys actually have fans that are supportive instead of fans that like to criticize everything that your team does when you are struggling.  Good luck the rest of the year, except when you play us.  :)

825639760[/snapback]

I argee there is no reason to panick. Expectations were high and I think the players are pressing right now, making some bad decisions, trying to do too much. Blackman is a good team and do not want to take anything away from them. Once the flares start falling and a big 2 out hit happens, things will start to happen. Baseball is a fair game and the tides will turn!

825639765[/snapback]

Criticizing the kids does no good whatsoever. They know when they are struggling, they dont need a fan to tell them that much. With as much tradition as Oakland has in baseball, you cant just throw the season away, but there are no mulligans either, the players just need to forget about these 1st 12 games and focus on their next opponent, like Slyder said, it will eventually all come into place

I have been watching Oakland baseball for years and except for the the 2000 team this may be the best bunch of kids as far as getting along with each other and being "team" players and supporting each other. I think it's important that no one on the team is pointing fingers but instead they are coming together. Playing at Oakland comes with it's pressure but so does playing Riverdale, Cookeville, Warren Co.etc... All these kids at all these schools love the game and play hard every night. They are all trying to live up to the player that have played before them. But when they don't that's when they need us. Us being the fans, the parents, and the coaches because we all know where there heart is!!

Oakland will be OK.

Best of luck to all but like coach21 said except when you play us!!

Edited by letsplay2

The talent level has thinned due to the recent openings of Blackman and Siegel. Consistently dominant teams in Murfreesboro high school basesball are probably over. Oakland cannot win on talent alone anymore. If it comes down to coaching I think the other Murfreesboro schools have an edge on Oakland.

Murfreesboro is blessed with some good baseball players and good baseball coaches. I'm not going to get into "who is the best" but I'll tell you if you asked any of them their best coach years was a year when the talent was down and they still competed. Coaching in Murfreesboro is not easy and Oakland is where the bench mark starts. The wins, the tradition, the players that is where it starts and Coach Hawks has been there for the whole run. I think Oakland is in pretty good hands.

It's good to see that you guys actually have fans that are supportive instead of fans that like to criticize everything that your team does when you are struggling.  Good luck the rest of the year, except when you play us.  :ph34r:

825639760[/snapback]

Dude, your skin is WAY too thin. You need to find something else to do.