PAIN TRAIN COMIN THRU

2priceless

Kids go to different schools for different reasons and as long as they do it legally I don't see any problem with it. The funny thing is that 'R' word is only an issue when a kid goes to the opposing school.

Which team in the 'boro has had the most 'luck' over the last year or so with intra-city transfers? I don't think it is Riverdale. We should all take a little comfort from the 'Zeke' episode. Kids will try to transfer and the schools will make sure that they do it right. No single player is more important than the team, or season.

Hopefully, none of the staffs would actually recruit a player or cut corners on documenting transfers. I have heard that there were a couple sugar daddy's operating in town but they are not on the coaching staffs and I don't even know if what they do is illegal.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids go to different schools for different reasons and as long as they do it legally I don't see any problem with it.  The funny thing is that 'R' word is only an issue when a kid goes to the opposing school.

Which team in the 'boro has had the most 'luck' over the last year or so with intra-city transfers?  I don't think it is Riverdale.  We should all take a little comfort from the 'Zeke' episode.  Kids will try to transfer and the schools will make sure that they do it right. No single player is more important than the team, or season.

Hopefully, none of the staffs would actually recruit a player or cut corners on documenting transfers.  I have heard that there were a couple sugar daddy's operating in town but they are not on the coaching staffs and I don't even know if what they do is illegal.

825676377[/snapback]

Good points as usual, TDCman. I have said it before and will reiterate it once again....I am an advocate for playing within your zone. If you don't like your zone....then actually move into the one you want to make it legal. If they give exemptions to one....give them to all.

BTW...TDC.........no one has ever accused me of being sweet. Can you imagine that? I always thought I was one of the nicest guys around.

Anybody know if Blackman is still in spring??

TDC, are you going to try to catch that Wilson Central/ Coffee cty scrimmage? I would sure like your scouting report.

You are living in the past.  What has the mighty Oakland done since 98?  We will open up a "can" when we face you this year. 

"This Dog Will Bite!"

825660930[/snapback]

what has oakland done since 98? what has smyrna done since they have been open? how many rings do yall have in football? how many times have yall beaten riverdale. wow yall have had a good past couple of season. oakland is still one of the 5a powerhouses and if u dont think so just look at the facts we have two rings yall have zero. yea oakland has had a couple of down years but like i said have yall even had a great year like we have had and like the one we are gonan have this season?

what has oakland done since 98? what has smyrna done since they have been open?  how many rings do yall have in football?  how many times have yall beaten riverdale.  wow yall have had a good past couple of season.  oakland is still one of the 5a powerhouses and if u dont think so just look at the facts we have two rings yall have zero.  yea oakland has had a couple of down years but like i said have yall even had a great year like we have had and like the one we are gonan have this season?

825681402[/snapback]

Fact is Region 4 in 5A is like the SEC. I say this because after we beat up on each other it is hard to win the Gold Ball. For instance who does teams like DB have to play week after week in their region? This also applies to teams like Germantown. While I think they are BOTH great programs, it is the experience that R4 has that makes the teams in it better and better year after year. Closest thing to Region 4 is Region 3 with teams like Oak Ridge.

Folks may laugh and say Region 4 may not be that tough, BUT after they play teams from it they know they have at least been in a game.

I am gonna LOVE this season! :D

Lost Old Dad ......you are exactly right. I mean take a look at our region and you will see that we have a combined 6 rings and many state finals appearances? I know OHS has 4, and Riverdale has like 8?? And let's not forget.....they have only been in existence for about 30 yrs. Not too shabby......so add all that together and they have had a team in the finals about half of their existence. I would say that speaks very highly of this area, its coaching, and its toughness.

And thebest part is....we're not ready to throw in the towel to another region.

i agree region 4 is definatly the toughest but i wish they would mix things up and swap some teams from region 3 and region 4 to make thing more interesting

825684537[/snapback]

We will trade you Lebanon for Cookeville.........

Actually we are playing Franklin Cty and Lincoln Cty this fall from your region, so it will be a nice test for us esp since both schools are always tuff.