Beech

Gville80

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gville80- looking at your post it looks as if you have a son thats either a junior or senior thats not getting any playing time-  don't blame the coach- sounds as if those upperclassmen need to work a little harder

825651353[/snapback]

Sorry, but don't. Know many parents with kids on this team complaining. <_<

Personally, he's a great guy.  As a coach, he's not what he should be.  I have never seen a coach start so many sophomores when there are more talented upper classmen in all the years I have been watching Beech baseball.  Why do you carry 25 kids on a varsity?  How do you work on fundamentals at practice when you've got the numbers of a 5-6 year-old league on a team?  I'm not impressed. :huh:

825651248[/snapback]

From what I have heard (and I'm just an outsider, twice removed...), Hayes was left with a heck of a debt from the previous coach. That would explain the large roster. I also wonder if the coaching position was kind of dropped in his lap too. (I definately agree that Beech seems to have "rebuilding year" every year and have wondered why with that much talent...)

Did Beech play tonight? (Mon.)

I saw beech play early inthe season adn they looked pretty good. I do not know who they lost to in district play but district 9AAA is getting to be as tough as their is in the sate i am partial to 7AAA but i know that 9AAA is loaded with MJ hendersonville beech smyrna gallatin those four alone are pretty tough and i know i left out another really good team so beech fans dont be discouraged just yet continue to encourae your boys to work hard and not quit the season almost always finds a way to right itself. GOOD LUCK

GVille it sounds as if you might have some suggestions for Coach Hayes on how he should run his program. I'm sure that he would appreciate a phone call and you can get him straight on who should be playing. Sometimes the players need to play to their potential and it is not always about the coach. Maybe you need to apply for the job. It sounds like you have many answers to the" problems "at Beech.

GVille it sounds as if you might have some suggestions for Coach Hayes on how he should run his program. I'm sure that he would appreciate a phone call and you can get him straight on who should be playing. Sometimes the players need to play to their potential and it is not always about the coach. Maybe you need to apply for the job. It sounds like you have many answers to the" problems "at Beech.

825652196[/snapback]

I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else is. :P

I know one thing....Coach Hayes is very knowledgeable and has the skills to be an excellent coach. I have not seen this team play but I know from what I have seen before that he has done a good job. Don't be too hard on Coach Hayes many times would be thrilled to have him for a coach. I could name several.

To Coach Hayes: Don't let these people get to you. Just coach the way you know how and the way you have been taught. If you do that then you will do great.

Edited by WhiteTom

Hayes cant swing a bat, throw a pitch, or field a ground ball so I dont see how its his fault that his team is underachieving. All he can do is coach them to the best of his ability and put the guys on the field that he thinks has the best chance to get him a win night in and night out. Beech isnt a bad team, theyve had lots of great players come through the program almost every year, they just seem to underachieve every year also. Most people will put the blame on the coaches for this and I understand that, but I know Coach Hayes and I know what kind of coach he is and he's one of the best coaches in 9AAA I think. I never played for the guy but I played against him many times and he knows what he is doing. All it comes down to is the players performing. Yes I agree something needs to change at Beech, but its definetly not the coach. A little support from the parents and fans instead of whining could do a world of good. All controversy does is make things worse. Let the guy do his job and give it a rest. I'll tell you one thing...I'd take him over Coach Hendrix at H'ville any day of the week. No disrespect to Coach Hendrix but he's just been blessed with loads and loads of talent. Thats just a perk of living in a big city like H'ville though. Good Luck to Beech the rest of the year. Except against White House. :o

Hmmm. So when they win, it's "loads and loads of talent" but when they lose it's the coach's fault. LOL

Got to see the Beech-H'ville game tonight. Neither team looked more or less talented than the other but H'ville team was "up". Neither coach (Hayes or Hendrix) did anything resembling moronic (for their 24 cents an hour) but then maybe I just didn't see it.

About the game..

Started out as a pretty good ballgame but 1st homer from HHS hit Beech hard. Successive HRs from H'ville (one guy hit 2...) made it tough to want to keep trying. On a more positive note, both sets of fans were amiable (it was kind of like a block party feel), it was a beautiful evening, the concession stand was good, and the music was great! Just might have been the perfect night for baseball. And I guess that's what really important...

In10city - fyi this is the old coach and since your info is twice removed it is also double wrong. Every thing at the Beech baseball complex was paid for when I quit coaching. In fact, the lights, and the bricking have all been added and paid for since I left. And, the new hitting facility is in the works with a debt that was 4 times the debt we incurred when the field was built.

I suggest you have your facts straight before you spout off about things you know nothing about.(previous coaches debt explaining roster size)

It has also been my experience that if sophomores are playing, the seniors and juniors aren't getting the job done.

Edited by jdmtpb

I can say this, i haven't seen this bunch a whole lot, but the parents have a much higher evaluation than the other schoolS they play do... in other words, results speak for themselves... If Beech is so loaded why aren't they winning - good players win, over 90% of high school sports is based on the talent you have vs. the talent of teams you are playing. The Bucs have done nothing since 1998 in a district in which was domintated in the mid 90's by Hendersonville and pitchers like Jeff Parsons (Clemson/MTSU). The Bucs went to the State Quarters in 93 after winning the district in 92. They were in the regional tourmanent 6 or 7 times in the 90's. Now, we here about how loaded they are - they can't even execute a double cut, or stop 1st and 3rd situations well. These are fundamentals they should be taught at the age of 13 and 14. And what about executing a sacrifice bunt? They aren't getting coached well before they get here, period. It seems to me that most of the problem is - to qoute Toby Keith - "I want to talk about me" - TEAM not ME - They lose a few games and it's all about me, me, me, me, me, me!!!! GROW UP, BOW UP, AND GET IT DONE!

Edited by rocketlauncher78