Blackman High

2priceless

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a list of the candidates for the Blackman High  head coach??

Word filtering to me says the coach will be named within a week and it will be Ron Crawford of Brentwood. Can anyone confirm or deny?

825655568[/snapback]

I'd imagine that getting assistants would be the issue if he gets it..You know he'll probably bring his father. Who else can he get. Will the principal be a help or a hinderance?

Britton is the Oline coach and one of the very best in the state. He is very deserving of a HC job himself. His son was the QB from RHS that was the MVP of the Blue Cross bowl in 2001.

The new HS will be in Smyrna on Almaville Road. It will be named Stewarts Creek, I believe.It will pull from Smyrna and Lavergne both. That area is bursting at the seams. Both SHS and LHS had to add additions to the school and both shouldbe at around 2000 kids this fall. Lavergne already has 2 Middle school feeders right now that opened in the last few yrs.

Then one will be constructed in the Rockvale area instead of the Christiana one. There are about 3,000 new homes under construction in that area. That will directly affect Riverdale and possible Blackman. That area is also BOOMING!

825655667[/snapback]

Rockvale was the one they mentioned. Supposedly the middle school will be built across the street from the elementary school. The 1st grade was bursting at the seams they said.

I know this is off the topic but what is the population break down in the last 5 years for Rutherford County.?

No clue of the Population breakdown. All I know is that Rutherford county is ranked in the Nation as one of the fastest growing areas. I believe it too...and am not too happy about it.

825655678[/snapback]

Yeah, traffic is horrible. I need to make better time when trying to get fried dills. :justwrestle:

Rockvale was the one they mentioned.  Supposedly the middle school will be built across the street from the elementary school.  The 1st grade was bursting at the seams they said. 

I know this is off the topic but what is the population break down in the last 5 years for Rutherford County.?

825655670[/snapback]

Murfreesboro has grown from the 12th largest 'town' in Tennessee to the 5th largest 'CITY' during the last 20 years. Thing is it is STILL growing! Murfreesboro is about to PASS Chattanooga in size in the next 5 years.

The new High School at Rockvale will be the next one built. The school board has eliminated the Almaville one for now and decided to add on to both LaVergne and Smyrna's existing schools. This does NOT surprise me as the Chairman of the school board now is an EX Smyrna football player and will do NOTHING to hurt Smyrna and EVERYTHING to bring Riverdale down. He and I used to go to school together! :o

The up side to all of this growth is the fact that 'if' Eagleville gets sewers it will grow at a similar rate as the rest of the county. Then if it does, it will go to 5a as well and Rutherford county would have enough schools to be a region all by itself!

'IF' all of the above happens, I guess that we will have to start 'drafting' and 'free agency'! :lol: May have to start shuttle buses in the county as well. :lol:

This 'musical' coaches in 5a this year has been VERY amusing. :lol:

No clue of the Population breakdown. All I know is that Rutherford county is ranked in the Nation as one of the fastest growing areas. I believe it too...and am not too happy about it.

825655678[/snapback]

One of my professors at MTSU told me the other day that Rutherford County is THE fastest growing county in the NATION.

I'm going to try to go to Blackman sometime this week and talk to Mrs. Vick about the coaching jobs. I'm going to see if she can tell me who all has applied and when a decision will be made.

Edited by bhsOL

Look bhsol, dont worry about going up there nobody is going to tell you anything. But I do promise you this, when they do announce who it is you wont be disappointed.

And to answer someones question about if Rankin will get a little nervous over there if Crawford comes, I believe the answer is a definate YES. If Coach Crawford comes you wont have anymore Marcus Locke situations because Crawford just wont stand for it. Crawford is a guy that will get in the community and sale his program. He is a guy that kids love to play for, and i speak from experience. He is just a great coach and a even better person.

I dont think he will have any problems at all bringing assistants, because there are already 2 positions open because Hickline(sp?) retired and Strickland took a administrative position. Plus there are people already on that staff that think they job should be theres, so if they dont get it they might not be to excited about hanging around as a assistant.

I think that Crawford coming to Blackman woukd be a great thing for all involved.

Nobody wants to see players leaving a program in the county because they have just given up on the program. I don't understand what Alsup was hanging on for. It obviously wasn't goint to work.

With Crawford at Blackman and Rankin at Riverdale, this rivalry would be what rivalries are supposed to be about. I think we can look for some great matchups down the road...and a rivalry that is based on mutual respect.

Let's do it!!!

The last time Alsup was rumored to be leaving the name Ron Aydellot from Hillsboro HS was mentioned. Now that it's official the job is open I imagine he will be interested again. Several of the Metro coaches are trying to get out of Nashville due to the No Child Left Behind quandry. Aydellot is a proven winner. Would he fit in at Blackman?

TDC, great post! I agree with you this rivalry would take off if Coach Crawford ends up at Blackman. Now Im not saying that Crawford is the answer to all of Blackman's problems, because lets face it, outside of Mimms they dont have much. But I would take Mimms over any other player in the county. With the right coaching this kid could really be something special. Whoever the next head coach is I hope he realizes that you need to give the ball to Mimms about 50 times a game.

About the chances of Aydelott coming, I think he would fit at Blackman. He is also a great coach, but Crawford is from what i hear their number one choice.