Blackman High

2priceless

Man oh man...Stembridge still makes me shudder to think about..........boy was he goooooooodddd!

825662908[/snapback]

You got that right. I've never seen a QB who could run like him. Him and Rico both had some killer juke moves. Once either one of them got into the open it was rare that they would get tackled.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got that right.  I've never seen a QB who could run like him.  Him and Rico both had some killer juke moves.  Once either one of them got into the open it was rare that they would get tackled.

825662916[/snapback]

Unless it was by a slow white kicker from Riverdale. Sorry - had to throw that in.

They were both pretty good, weren't they?

You got that right.  I've never seen a QB who could run like him.  Him and Rico both had some killer juke moves.  Once either one of them got into the open it was rare that they would get tackled.

825662916[/snapback]

thats funny...i saw a kid wearing cardinal and gold this past season that would've ran circles around either of those two guys. #9 was his number, i think. oh, and trust me, this kid NEVER went down. he also got some little reward for all of his showing off, something like a Mr. Football trophy or something like that. how many of those did rico and stembridge get?

c'mon, bhsOL, dave was a better runner than stembridge and you knows it.

Unless it was by a slow white kicker from Riverdale.  Sorry - had to throw that in.

825663005[/snapback]

Lucky for Brian, Rico was full blown with the flu during that game. That's why if you watch the tape you'll see Rico slow down and then that's when he got tackled. I'm not trying to take anything away from Brian, but Rico slowed down because he couldn't breathe.

thats funny...i saw a kid wearing cardinal and gold this past season that would've ran circles around either of those two guys.  #9 was his number, i think.  oh, and trust me, this kid NEVER went down.  he also got some little reward for all of his showing off, something like a Mr. Football trophy or something like that.  how many of those did rico and stembridge get?

c'mon, bhsOL, dave was a better runner than  stembridge and you knows it.

825664125[/snapback]

If Ralph had Riverdale's line, he would have been running circles around Dave. Same with Rico, and also if he didn't get hurt and miss 5 games his senior year. He still had 1,000 yards rushing and missed half of the season.

Lucky for Brian, Rico was full blown with the flu during that game.  That's why if you watch the tape you'll see Rico slow down and then that's when he got tackled.  I'm not trying to take anything away from Brian, but Rico slowed down because he couldn't breathe.

If Ralph had Riverdale's line, he would have been running circles around Dave.  Same with Rico, and also if he didn't get hurt and miss 5 games his senior year.  He still had 1,000 yards rushing and missed half of the season.

825668269[/snapback]

I will admit that when Rico broke into the clear, I thought he was gone. 99 times out of 100 he probably would have scored.

I disagree with your comparison to of Rico and Ralph to Dave. Dave was the most elusive of the three. I agree the other two would have thrived behind the Warrior line, but Dave got a lot of his yards out in the open field, by himself. He was amazing.

Just to put the final shovelfull of dirt on the grave. Ron Crawford is staying at Brentwood, and never applied for the Blackman job. My source? Ron Crawford.

First of all, Crawford was just awarded tenure in Williamson County. Secondly, according to his criteria for moving to a new job, none of those criteria exist. Thirdly, he just finally was able to hire the former Mt. Juliet coach (Winfrey) as one of his assistants-the first one he's been able to land since he's been there. He wouldn't pull out and leave Winfrey (or anyone else) hanging this deep into the game.

We've talked about the Blackman job during the season. While he is friends with the principal, he doesn't want to go back into that "situation." After seeing the situation Johnson at Franklin was in, he knows he's got it made at Brentwood.

He's excited about the squad this year, knows he'll have to have some luck the next year, but has got some real talent coming up behind the rising junior class.

Yes, he does live just minutes from the campus.

Good luck to Blackman in their hiring process.

Just to put the final shovelfull of dirt on the grave.  Ron Crawford is staying at Brentwood, and never applied for the Blackman job.  My source?  Ron Crawford.

First of all, Crawford was just awarded tenure in Williamson County.  Secondly, according to his criteria for moving to a new job, none of those criteria exist.  Thirdly, he just finally was able to hire the former Mt. Juliet coach (Winfrey) as one of his assistants-the first one he's been able to land since he's been there. He wouldn't pull out and leave Winfrey (or anyone else) hanging this deep into the game. 

We've talked about the Blackman job during the season.  While he is friends with the principal, he doesn't want to go back into that "situation."  After seeing the situation Johnson at Franklin was in, he knows he's got it made at Brentwood

He's excited about the squad this year, knows he'll have to have some luck the next year, but has got some real talent coming up behind the rising junior class.

Yes, he does live just minutes from the campus.

Good luck to Blackman in their hiring process.

825671566[/snapback]

If nothing else I bet Coach Crawford did give the Principal some good hints on what and who would be a good Coach that would be competitive in the Region.

'Whoever' gets it, GOOD LUCK! I will be looking forward to meeting you and seeing you at the games.

A lot of you guys told me not to believe Mrs. Vick when she told me Coach Crawford hasn't even applied for the job. I guess it looks like I get the last laugh, and here it is: ha ha ha ha ha ha!

TDCman, rumors about Craford coming to Blackman have been going on since the 2003 season. Although, one of coach Crawford's good friends and his son had dinner with him not to long ago. The man's son told me that Crawford talked like he was coming to Blackman. Oh well.

he is not lying...he never actually APPLIED for the job. He did not want to upset BHS until everything was worked out...b/c it leaves folk upset, but word leaked like it always does.  He was seen multiple times at the school discussing and negotiating about the job over the last 6 weeks. He was not planning on applying officially until all the details could be worked out for his "wants." You can believe what you want, but insiders know that his salary demands could not be met and the process folded. he would be taking close to a 20 G pay cut. As for Dan Winfree...he was part of the package deal  as was another former Boro coach called dad. Winfree has coached in the Boro before. Like I said...believe what you want.....but my source is impeccable w/i BHS .

825672105[/snapback]

Aren't you and from the top saying the same thing? He never applied, and his criteria - which I assume includes salary - were not met.

I hate to disagree Riveredale but

2 different things entirely

from the top implies Crawford did not apply as in was never interested

2priceless implies Crawford was very interested and did everything but apply

My impecable sources say he was definetly interested but the $$$$ were just not there as well as a couple other issues.

Some other things my sources told me in the past

1. No one will ever pay to buy water in a bottle

2. Airlines are an excellent investment

3. Buy a Beta max vcr tape player the vhs format will never make it

4. Howard Dean is a lock for president

5. The 2004 Riverdale team will be lucky to get past the 2nd round

but other than those he has been right on target.