Controversy in 3-AAA

HTV

This is another case of the TSSAA doing something that is not in the best interest of high school sports. The rule to protect player safety is a good one but if the umpires (who are charged by the TSSAA to enforce fair play) did not notice the rule infraction immediately they are the ones to blame. Also, how can a team that got beat move on? The proper enforcement of such a rule would be to remove the coach for a game and prohibit the pitcher from pitching any more until a specified time. You let a losing team move on due to a technicality. Great move by the Halls Coach but a true bonehead move by the TSSAA

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is another case of the TSSAA doing something that is not in the best interest of high school sports.  The rule to protect player safety is a good one but if the umpires (who are charged by the TSSAA to enforce fair play) did not notice the rule infraction immediately they are the ones to blame.  Also, how can a team that got beat move on?  The proper enforcement of such a rule would be to remove the coach for a game and prohibit the pitcher from pitching any more until a specified time.  You let a losing team move on due to a technicality.  Great move by the Halls Coach but a true bonehead move by the TSSAA

825668435[/snapback]

It's not the umpires responsibility to keep up with the number of innings a pitcher pitches, it's the coaches...rules are rules and if you're not going to follow them then why have them.

Edited by uteevol

Now for some REAL Observations:

Knoxville News-Sentinel hasn't provided schedules all year, why should they start now?

Don't they have a private school event to cover? (i.e. Catholic v.s. CAK equestrian trials) :lol::lol::lol:

Where is the Sentinel on this controversial topic? Avoiding it like the bubonic plague I suppose!

As far as I am concerned, the Halls coach is very smart and is probably the most impressionable coach (on his players) than any coach in the KIL. He doesn't always get his proper due, but quietly he gets the job done. Even if the protest is not upheld, Halls will still win this district.(NOT EVEN CLOSE). thumb

Now, for all you Oak Ridge folks, you are ridiculously kidding yourselves if you would not have done the same thing in protesting. Again, as someone else said, why have the rule if you aren't going to abide by it?

It may be that rag of a papers fault for not providing the 3AAA schedule, but at the same time they do list other tournament schedules. Could it be that the coaches or administrators do not call it in to the paper. Don't really know or care. Would just like to have a schedule for this week. Surely someone on this site would have one. Thanks.

Guest hustle101

i was involved in coaching a high school game when a homerun decided the outcome of the game. the ball was tossed in and it was a diamond batting practice ball with no stamp which is in the rule book. i tried to protest but was told there was no protest in a high school game