Controversy in 3-AAA

HTV

I remember the game with McGavock and Mel Brown in the early 80's. I believe it also happened with one of the Murfreesboro schools (maybe Riverdale) and Warren County in a district tournament game maybe 10 years ago. There is no excuse for a coach not knowing the rule or keeping up with how many innings a kid has pitched. It is also not wrong for Halls to bring it up.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls is a class team. Their players have fun. If they want to clap, cheer or whatever, this is part of the game and they have fun doing it. My team played Halls earlier this year, and I can only say that their players and coaches are nothing but a class act. They never did anything out of the way to insult any of our players or coaches. There has been enough said of this protest. I am an unbiased baseball fan and I know that if your break a rule, you must pay the penalty. Good luck Halls with the rest of your season. Hope to see you in Memphis. (We will be in different classes)

everybody who is mad about the rule can blow me......its not our fault we caught a mistake and i admit it was a lucky break but what championship team doesnt catch a break? if i were u all i wouldnt want to play us either ....we are solid from one to nine with a great staff.....the train is on the track boys better watch out......our clap is unstoppable and you pay so much attention to it because we have 2 losses and there is nothing else wrong with our team.....get over it and get better....maybe u too will be able to beat us SOME day

825668797[/snapback]

Oak Ridge did beat you all on Saturday. Does anyone realize O.R. only has two seniors. How many does Halls have?? Halls is solid from Munsey to Portwood but after that, it is more like a liquid.

During the 4AAA Tournament There was a big collision that sent Delmonico to the Hospital. Coach Bennett of Heritage had runners on 2nd and 3rd and could have scored both runs, but he held both of them and went to check on the two fallen Farragut players. Coach Bennett is a class act, The coach from halls should also show his class and accept the defeat and move on.

If they are cheering like a softball team it is a direct reflection of there coach. Looks to me like he is not the class coach everyone thinks he is.

Been around a lot of old time baseball coaches.  They considered it an insult for there team to chant like a bunch of sissy girls.  By the way who is the halls player that leads the cheers.

825668991[/snapback]

yea halls does act like a bunch of women by cheering like that... play softball girls... you are the reason tennessee schools get a bad rep.

Mel Brown and the McGavock team had to forfiet the state championship game in the early 80's for a pitching violation.

If teams want to stop the "BUSH LEAGUE" antics of some teams they need to throw high & tight at the opposing teams best players. Try it against Overton w/ Goodnow on the mound and you will see a 90+ fast ball at your head. The kid is that mean and tough.

everybody who is mad about the rule can blow me......its not our fault we caught a mistake and i admit it was a lucky break but what championship team doesnt catch a break? if i were u all i wouldnt want to play us either ....we are solid from one to nine with a great staff.....the train is on the track boys better watch out......our clap is unstoppable and you pay so much attention to it because we have 2 losses and there is nothing else wrong with our team.....get over it and get better....maybe u too will be able to beat us SOME day

825668797[/snapback]

Lemme ask you a question hhsheftylefty10 do you even start? cause if your number is 10 then I sure didnt see you out there the only lefty out there was Lockwood, but anyways solid you are but I do beleive a bunch of karns kids out hit you all tonight, you guys had timely hits and thats what wins games but if you all are so solid I do beleive you guys would have out hit the karns kids....... I'm not putting halls down cause I have friends on the team too many to be honest that play but you of all people shouldn't be able to post on here with such rediculous posts, c'mon please keep em to yourself......

825668797[/snapback]

Grow up. This is over, so we'll quit talking about it now.