whats happening in huntingdon

blue50

Satamqb... I have been thinking about your post the last few days and I don't know why they would wear Rebel shirts to a Little League game in Huntingdon. I know the family and agree with Truth225, they are good people. I've watched Mr. Lowery coach for several years and have never known him to belittle or embarass the Mustang program. I guess I wasn't at the Little League game you were speaking about but I know some Huntingdon fans that LIVE at the park so I'll try to find out. I'm not saying what you posted wasn't the truth but it seems so uncharacteristic of the Lowerys.

As for being a "Hick Town", I agree. I wouldn't say that Huntingdon is the cultural and renaissance center of the south. I kinda like it that way myself... :unsure:

I don't know why they were at the "Corrall". I know their son played QB at Northside and he must be fairly tough because he took a beating all year. I know they have lots of friends here in Huntingdon.

My question is; would you be willing to forgive if he was an All-State, 6'5", 275 lb. tackle? We all know of people that look at enrolling their kids in Huntingdon but realize they may have to ride the pine and others that for some reason choose to move out of town and aren't "True Blue" as you posted. I personally know of that being the case in both instances this year. I say if anyone wants to wear the Blue and Gold, then suit them up.... thumb

Edited by Mr. Mustang

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?  We all know of people that look at enrolling their kids in Huntingdon but realize they may have to ride the pine and others that for some reason choose to move out of town and aren't "True Blue" as you posted.  I personally know of that being the case in both instances this year.  I say if anyone wants to wear the Blue and Gold, then suit them up.... thumb

825704571[/snapback]

Mr. Mustang,

What you say is true and, some of that moving just plain 'ol ain't lookin' right. Ya'll are watchin' it and so are we. I don't wish any kids any harm but, I'll watch out for my home team just like you watch out for yours!!!! We're on the same side on this one! thumb

Duckman... I agree with you again. Last year we had a running back from south of here that talked to Mansfield and wanted to play for the Mustangs. Mike told him in no such manner that everything had to be "just right" and even then he didn't think it would be in his best interest or the Mustangs. He probably would have started, by the way. Transferring brings up the senario of Gallatin two years ago that notified the TSSAA and Mr. Carter said it was o.k.. Guess what.. The Green Wave had to forfiet all 10 games and missed the playoffs because they either didn't understand what was going down or they were mislead. Good luck to you this year and I hope you make some serious noise in the playoffs. I really think your new 1-A region will be tougher than what most people think..

Duckman...  I agree with you again.  Last year we had a running back from south of here that talked to Mansfield and wanted to play for the Mustangs.  Mike told him in no such manner that everything had to be "just right" and even then he didn't think it would be in his best interest or the Mustangs.  He probably would have started, by the way.  Transferring brings up the senario of Gallatin two years ago that notified the TSSAA and Mr. Carter said it was o.k..  Guess what..  The Green Wave had to forfiet all 10 games and missed the playoffs because they either didn't understand what was going down or they were mislead.  Good luck to you this year and I hope you make some serious noise in the playoffs.  I really think your new 1-A region will be tougher than what most people think..

825704923[/snapback]

I really expect to see several good teams in our region in class A this season. Appreciate the well wishes and the same to ya'll in AA. Just wish this "other stuff" would all get straightened out and settled down. Not too fun having to wonder and worry about that. I also would hate to see a kid lose a season because of something like that. The way the new regulations read, it appears that to transfer, the move would have to be made by Wed. (assuming we start fall practice tomorrow) of this week. If I understand the rules right, the student would have 3 practices to get eligible.

:lol: Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers,would have posted sooner but I haven't been on for awhile(I don't devote my life to coach-t). Truth hurts sometimes and some people just don't wanna believe some things about certain people and that's their right. Just posting facts about the last experience with the parents, I don't have a "horse" in this race so I really don't care.What really gets me is how easy it is to get people's feathers ruffled when the truth does come out and those of you out there who were there that night know it was true, the rest of you............. :D.........it doesn't matter. It is a site to see folks get upset on the Little League field but it's even funnier to see you get upset on here. Sorry again if I got your blood pressure up or anything,wouldn't want you too upset. I just stay true blue 100% of the time- don't care much for "fair weathered" people.Well, this will be my post for the week,I'm sure if I find time in the next week or two to visit this site again I'll ruffle some other people's feathers :lol::o .............the joy in it is I don't really care one way or the other just bringing back some memories that evidently some people would like to block from their closed minds. I do agree that the boy is good, never said he wasn't , maybe we can get him one of those families that house foriegn students and leave the rest of the crew home.... :o See yall in a week or two - I know you will miss me.

I went by practice for a few minutes and was impressed with the overall conditioning and team speed. Seems to me that this team has more team speed than the last several years. Two things Mustang fans should think about. (1) This team will get better each game because of all the young players. (2) SPEED KILLS.... thumb

I went by practice for a few minutes and was impressed with the overall conditioning and team speed.  Seems to me that this team has more team speed than the last several years.  Two things Mustang fans should think about.  (1)  This team will get better each game because of all the young players.  (2)  SPEED KILLS.... thumb

825706762[/snapback]

Yes it does................ :ph34r:;)

Cant wait to see that speed on Friday nights! thumb