whats happening in huntingdon

blue50

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed Coach Mansfield and Coach Pritchard have a "burr under their saddle?" The good news is that they both know how to get rid of it... Believe me, they'll get rid of it. Big time. For all you Mustang fans and players, I say, "Steady boys, steady.... :lol:

Edited by Mr. Mustang

Sometimes you gotta spur some of them just right.....other times you just let um run wild until the lead horse runs em off a cliff. :lol:

Steady boys...... Steady..... Never seen a Derby winner birthed by a mule. Lets get ready to put em in the starting gate and then watch em run!!! we dont need the blinders, we always know whats coming. We got some of the best jockeys in Tennessee!! They have had those STANGS in the Derby 2 years in a row, let em ride!!! thumb They know when to lay on the whippin stick!! :lol:

GO STANGS!!! thumb

Reignydayz... You hadn't been on for awhile. I didn't know if you were in detention or not. Ha.. Mike has really been working the squad really hard this year. He has really pushed them this year and not many have been tamed just yet. Lots of Mustang fans have a few question marks earlier but those grueling practices have been for the benefit of the entire team. Barring injuries I think the Mustangs can make another deep run again this year. I was out to practice for picture day and I counted only 11 seniors. I think I counted correctly and came up with 66 players. Things look good in the future too..... :lol:

Again can someone fill me in on the scrimmage with Obion County?  What was the score?  Was it a ten play scrimmage or game type scrimmage?  I talked with Big Ced and he said he thought he would be able to play in the jamboree.  Did we make it with no injuries?  Did Crocker fling it any?

825715111[/snapback]

Huntingdon scored 8 times and obion scored 3 times. One of our scores was on an interception. The score is a bit decieving, obion was physical and quick. was a very good test for our boys. I thought we did decent, but what do i know. It was a ten and our scrimmage. They used the chains but i guess that was to just let everyone know how they were doing.

Lost count in the scoring. 1st O scored every time they touched the ball. They used a 6 play start then downs and distance to finish each series. 2nd O never could move the ball but that was against the 1st Defense. OC kept their 1st O and D in the whole time using substitution. We tried platoons and on Defense worked fairly well. We did even more passing this week, recievers need to hang on to the ball better. Some neat pass plays are coming together which is really going to help the running game. Linemen are coming along very nicely. No new injuries reported.

Lost count in the scoring.  1st O scored every time they touched the ball.  They used a 6 play start then downs and distance to finish each series.  2nd O never could move the ball but that was against the 1st Defense.  OC kept their 1st O and D in the whole time using substitution.  We tried platoons and on Defense worked fairly well.  We did even more passing this week, recievers need to hang on to the ball better.  Some neat pass plays are coming together which is really going to help the running game.  Linemen are coming along very nicely.  No new injuries reported.

825715123[/snapback]

If they would've scored everytime they touched the ball the score would've been 150-3.hardhead gave a good account of what went on.Huntingdon scored twice on there first ten play series to make it 2-0.OC scored on there first three possesions.The scoring went back and forth until it was 5-3 Huntingdon.OC started to tire and threw an in interception that was took back for a TD that made it 6-3.Boo scored again and made it 7-3.Huntingdon was working on there hurry up offense when Donald scored there last TD to make it 8-3.The score does look lopsided but I was pleased overall with OC's effort.They moved the ball well offensively and did as well as you could do defensively agaisnt two backs like Weathers and Donald.They were as good as advertised.I think we took many positives away from the scrimmage.We learned not to hang our heads when the other team scores which was a big problem last year.I feel good about the upcoming season.

If they would've scored everytime they touched the ball the score would've been 150-3.hardhead gave a good account of what went on.Huntingdon scored twice on there first ten play series to make it 2-0.OC scored on there first three possesions.The scoring went back and forth until it was 5-3 Huntingdon.OC started to tire and threw an in interception that was took back for a TD that made it 6-3.Boo scored again and made it 7-3.Huntingdon was working on there hurry up offense when Donald scored there last TD to make it 8-3.The score does look lopsided but I was pleased overall with OC's effort.They moved the ball well offensively and did as well as you could do defensively agaisnt two backs like Weathers and Donald.They were as good as advertised.I think we took many positives away from the scrimmage.We learned not to hang our heads when the other team scores which was a big problem last year.I feel good about the upcoming season.

825715400[/snapback]

Rebfan65... Easy on him. I think he meant every possession. :lol: Thanks for the assessment of the scrimmage. We look forward to welcoming you to Paul Ward Stadium in the jamboree next week.