whats happening in huntingdon

blue50

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Mustang i think u were a little wrong about ur post earlier....until we get some decent size on the defensive line we r goin to be hurtin....Cedric would be a good addition there but i really havent heard much about him and dont know when he is coming back....the middle linebacker spot is another place that is going to have to have some work....until then we can expect teams to keep running it down our throat and having 9 or 10 min drives.....i think the offense will be fine bc of the talented backs that we have...they will give the line a chance to learn the blockin schemes and get better with everything bc of their play making ability....overall i think we will be ok bc of the coaching ability but if the defense line doesnt step up it could be a long season

Titans02.... I agree with you 100%. I didn't get to see the Mustangs scrimmage but everybody said that they played tough except for the 1st two series against Obion County and they came back and got stronger as the scrimmage went on. People put too much into scrimmages and Jamborees I think. Every team at the Jamboree played basic stuff and didn't show anything at all and the defensive side was pretty plain also. Huntingdon is really young. The Mustangs just went through the motions this past Friday. Depth is my biggest concern and we can't have any more injuries.

The Mustangs had better be ready Friday night because this is the game of the year for Camden. They will be ready to play and I think the Mustangs will be ready too. Let's hope Cedric will be back....

It would help if the fans in huntingdon were a little more supportive instead of so negative. All ive heard this week is we didnt this and we didnt that and we should this and we should that. Give these young men an chance to prove themselves! I can promise you that if you aint one of the coachts and out there working with these guys every day you dont know who should be doing what or where. Just like myself, if you knew how to coach, you would probably be doing it. The fans also looked like they were at a funeral home friday night. The players work their buts off even on a not so good night, I guess it is just too much trouble for the fans to be supportive and positive after having to work so hard to sit there. Well, thats all i got to say about that. Figured i p---ed of the Mckenzie fans, might as well be fair and p--s of the huntingdon fans. Se you friday night if it aint too much trouble

It would help if the fans in huntingdon were a little more supportive instead of so negative. All ive heard this week is we didnt this and we didnt that and we should this and we should that. Give these young men an chance to prove themselves! I can promise you that if you aint one of the coachts and out there working with these guys every day you dont know who should be doing what or where. Just like myself, if you knew how to coach, you would probably be doing it. The fans also looked like they were at a funeral home friday night. The players work their buts off even on a not so good night, I guess it is just too much trouble for the fans to be supportive and positive after having to work so hard to sit there. Well, thats all i got to say about that. Figured i p---ed of the Mckenzie fans, might as well be fair and p--s of the huntingdon fans. Se you friday night if it aint too much trouble

825724399[/snapback]

If you are referring to my post, I think you are taking it the wrong way. I have all the confidence in the world in our coaches and know that they will eventually get things straightened out....but dont lose sight of what this board is for....DISCUSSION. It's not always about rah rah this and blowing smoke up that. Its obvious to anybody who watched the jamboree that we have problems up the middle defensively and need to get better there in a hurry, and I think they will. The players know it, the coaches know it.

If you are referring to my post, I think you are taking it the wrong way. I have all the confidence in the world in our coaches and know that they will eventually get things straightened out....but dont lose sight of what this board is for....DISCUSSION. It's not always about rah rah this and blowing smoke up that. Its obvious to anybody who watched the jamboree that we have problems up the middle defensively and need to get better there in a hurry, and I think they will. The players know it, the coaches know it.

825724487[/snapback]

I wasnt refering to your post. I was mainly refering to the crown friday night . :o

825724399[/snapback]

Blue50... I think there were several reasons the Huntingdon fans were quite at the Jamboree. The main reason was Bruceton was pushing our butts all over the field. Secondly it was 94* that night and there were lots of fans from other schools that were sitting on the Mustang side and separated the Mustang faithful. If you want to yell and support the team come on down to rows G-H and I this Friday night and we'll give you a few pointers on proper yelling "Techniques." If you do we may install you into the "Pigskin Pal" club. You can become a member by a simple majority vote at the game.... ;)

It was noted at the close of the game that the stands had been as flat as the team had played. Start times of 9:30 pm might have played a part. When the stands are rowdy and loud and enjoying the game, the players will respond. When we sit and visit and talk about the past or coming week at work or going fishing or hunting, why would we be surprised that the players wouldn't do the same. Obviously, one would claim that the players would keep their minds on the game, but it wasn't that long ago a loss was ongoing with Harpeth and it wasn't until halfway through the fourth quarter before the team appeared to wake up and start making noise to support and encourage the players on the field. By then Harpeth had won the battle and was going to win the game. Personal opinion, the Mustang fans can go a long way to keep the energy levels high during the games. Remember this year we don't have the luxury of games that will be decided before the end of the first quarter. Every game will have the potential to go well into the fourth quarter before the outcome can be determined. This team has started slow in both scrimmages and in the jamboree. But, they have continued to have heart and desire to be successful and continue the tradition set before them. I look forward to Friday night and I'll be making as much noise as possible to encourage the kids to keep up the intensity from the beginning of the first to the end of the fourth quarters. Oh and by the way, anybody been out to practice this week? How are they filling up the middle?

MUSTANG PRIDE

Everyone is ready to jump on the d line. Did anyone not notice that the linbackers were not stepping up. We have linebackers that are alot more capable than they seem to choose to be so far. Its getting a little old hearing everyone jump on the young players when the older players arent setting much of an example.

Ain't nobody jumping on nobody... :o My offer still stands to you Blue50. Come on down to row G-H and I during the Camden game and introduce yourself. You sound like you might have potential as a Pigskin Pal member. Don't be shy. If you want to yell like you say then be like the Price is Right and "Come on Down"..... <_< It was just a Jamboree and not the State Playoffs. You'll see a different team Friday night.

Edited by Mr. Mustang

Speaking of Pig Skin Pals, I hope that illustrious group are ready to yell and make some noise. There are times I am concerned about whether our cheerleaders know when to call for offensive or defensive cheers, but I know with you guys present we are in good shape. Don't forget the D and the Fence. I'll have the tylenol and advil ready for the headaches at halftime. B)

MUSTANG PRIDE