Class A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Sure, I'll keep talking.  Temple has proved absolutely nothing.  You've been beating up on St. Andrews for a couple of years and now you think you're going to win the state!

If you guys beat the Pirates I'll be the first to tip my hat.  However, until you prove it on the field (and you may do it) you've got nothing but dreams.

I don't consider myself arrogant or ignorant, just stating an opinion.

825690287[/snapback]

You have no room to talk , you lost to Bledsoe County. :lol: Hey youll see it week 8 on the field.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piratepride is right...we haven't proved anything other than we have had some good athletes playing very average competition. I ain't got no problem with that. But we have not acted like we are going to win state, so that was unfair. We want to be competitive and we think we have some good players, but we also have a big problem due to the fact that our numbers are so low. We will give SP all we got and if the intangables happen to go our way...who knows.

I don't see how anybody can not go with SP here. Sure they only won 3 games last year, and yes, they did lose some talented Seniors but the only region loss the Pirates have suffered in recent years has been to Boyd. Thanks to the mathmaticians at the TSSAA Boyd is now 2-A, so as I see it that clears a path for the pirates back to the top of the heap.

Matthews is quick and talented, Robinson makes for a big target so SP will not be without skill people. They won three games last year riding Jeremy Allison, the kid did everything except sell popcorn at halftime. Matthews and Robinson should have a little better supporting cast around them this year. The line will be a question mark on both sides of the ball. They looked good at times last year but they were not consistent week to week. Depth was a real problem last year, hopefully Vic has a few more bodies to work with this year. As usual with this team they will be well coached and prepared. They have to avoid the ups and downs that have plagued them the last few years. If they take care of the ball and minimize their mistakes I don't think that there is anybody in their region that can knock them off.

I will say this, if Walker plays last year SP is no worse than 8-1 in the regular season and they beat boyd at least once (either regular season or playoff). That kid is something to watch play so I hope that he can get his act together because he has the potential to be one of the best to ever wear the orange and black. Don't get me wrong, Matthews and Robinson are both talented guys, but the addition of Walker could put SP on a whole different level.

As far as the rest of the region, I think it's pretty weak. Temple will be a solid team. In fact, from what I know about them (which is very little) I think they mirror South Pittsburg in a lot of ways, great skill people, suspect O and D line. They can obviously move the ball well through the air, and that can cause lots of problems at the 1-A level where most DB's aren't very skilled in pass coverage. I think SP will win the match up between these two, I don't think it will be a 21 point win, more like 6 or 7. SP has been known to give up the big play in the passing game against good passing teams so I'm sure that's a concern for the SP coaching staff.

I think Whitwell finishes third but I would expect them to be in the hunt for most of the season. Coach Green does a good job and probably gets more out of his kids than any coach in the valley.

As usual copper basin and LV will battle for that last play off spot. Not that it matters because neither will get out of the first round.

I don't see how anybody can not go with SP here.  Sure they only won 3 games last year, and yes, they did lose some talented Seniors but the only region loss the Pirates have suffered in recent years has been to Boyd.  Thanks to the mathmaticians at the TSSAA Boyd is now 2-A, so as I see it that clears a  path for the pirates back to the top of the heap.

Matthews is quick and talented, Robinson makes for a big target so SP will not be without skill people.  They won three games last year riding Jeremy Allison, the kid did everything except sell popcorn at halftime.  Matthews and Robinson should have a little better supporting cast around them this year.  The line will be a question mark on both sides of the ball.  They looked good at times last year but they were not consistent week to week.  Depth was a real problem last year, hopefully Vic has a few more bodies to work with this year.  As usual with this team they will be well coached and prepared.  They have to avoid the ups and downs that have plagued them the last few years.  If they take care of the ball and minimize their mistakes I don't think that there is anybody in their region that can knock them off.

I will say this, if Walker plays last year SP is no worse than 8-1 in the regular season and they beat boyd at least once (either regular season or playoff).  That kid is something to watch play so I hope that he can get his act together because he has the potential to be one of the best to ever wear the orange and black.  Don't get me wrong, Matthews and Robinson are both talented guys, but the addition of Walker could put SP on a whole different level.

As far as the rest of the region, I think it's pretty weak.  Temple will be a solid team.  In fact, from what I know about them (which is very little) I think they mirror South Pittsburg in a lot of ways, great skill people, suspect O and D line.  They can obviously move the ball well through the air, and that can cause lots of problems at the 1-A level where most DB's aren't very skilled in pass coverage.  I think SP will win the match up between these two, I don't think it will be a 21 point win, more like 6 or 7.  SP has been known to give up the big play in the passing game against good passing teams so I'm sure that's a concern for the SP coaching staff.

I think Whitwell finishes third but I would expect them to be in the hunt for most of the season.  Coach Green does a good job and probably gets more out of his kids than any coach in the valley.

As usual copper basin and LV will battle for that last play off spot.  Not that it matters because neither will get out of the first round.

825690592[/snapback]

Good opinion. You seem to know what your talking about.

I don't see how anybody can not go with SP here.  Sure they only won 3 games last year, and yes, they did lose some talented Seniors but the only region loss the Pirates have suffered in recent years has been to Boyd.  Thanks to the mathmaticians at the TSSAA Boyd is now 2-A, so as I see it that clears a  path for the pirates back to the top of the heap.

Matthews is quick and talented, Robinson makes for a big target so SP will not be without skill people.  They won three games last year riding Jeremy Allison, the kid did everything except sell popcorn at halftime.  Matthews and Robinson should have a little better supporting cast around them this year.  The line will be a question mark on both sides of the ball.  They looked good at times last year but they were not consistent week to week.  Depth was a real problem last year, hopefully Vic has a few more bodies to work with this year.  As usual with this team they will be well coached and prepared.  They have to avoid the ups and downs that have plagued them the last few years.  If they take care of the ball and minimize their mistakes I don't think that there is anybody in their region that can knock them off.

I will say this, if Walker plays last year SP is no worse than 8-1 in the regular season and they beat boyd at least once (either regular season or playoff).  That kid is something to watch play so I hope that he can get his act together because he has the potential to be one of the best to ever wear the orange and black.  Don't get me wrong, Matthews and Robinson are both talented guys, but the addition of Walker could put SP on a whole different level.

As far as the rest of the region, I think it's pretty weak.  Temple will be a solid team.  In fact, from what I know about them (which is very little) I think they mirror South Pittsburg in a lot of ways, great skill people, suspect O and D line.  They can obviously move the ball well through the air, and that can cause lots of problems at the 1-A level where most DB's aren't very skilled in pass coverage.  I think SP will win the match up between these two, I don't think it will be a 21 point win, more like 6 or 7.  SP has been known to give up the big play in the passing game against good passing teams so I'm sure that's a concern for the SP coaching staff.

I think Whitwell finishes third but I would expect them to be in the hunt for most of the season.  Coach Green does a good job and probably gets more out of his kids than any coach in the valley.

As usual copper basin and LV will battle for that last play off spot.  Not that it matters because neither will get out of the first round.

825690592[/snapback]

i think it was a very good post until he said if walker played that they would of beat boyd once..they couldnt do it with ron cook and walker, so y would they do it with just walker :angry: anyways i still believe SP will now be the top of this region like the old days. SP is never down for long. i believe there toughest opponent will be temple. i wish south pitt the best of luck this year. ill miss arguing with all the SP fans about the boyd vs SP game :)

• 2 weeks later...

825690592[/snapback]

They gave up more than 500 yards on the ground and 49 points to Sequatchie, you're not trying to say having a running back in there would have changed that are you? The problem last year wasn't losing Matthews and Walker, it was the play in the offensive and defensive line. Walker is a really good back but without a line wasn't going to carry them to the state (and beating Boyd at least once would have made them the type team to get there).