Class A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

is South Pitt better this year than they were last year?

825697777[/snapback]

They should be. If they can get it together in the trenches I think they will be hard to handle for any team on the schedule. If they don't get the work done in the trenches though it is going to be a cat fight every Friday night. I'm thinking that they will have it worked out though come August 19th.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drunkensailor, what about SP's skill positions? I heard they have an entirely new backfield and Matthews is not playing QB, at least that is what the talk on here has been? I aint disagreeing with anyone, just a question: IF they are questionable in the trenches and have an entirely new backfield, then why would they be better than last year? Is Antonio that good that he can carry the whole team? (I aint never seen him play, but I hear he is really good...)

Bigbody has a point about overlooking basin. A lot of people are seeming to do that. Basin hasnt been a great team the past 3 or 4 years but they have played a lot of teams close and upset many that were suppose to kill them. Im not sayin they will be a huge threat to the region but just dont overlook them

Drunkensailor, what about SP's skill positions?  I heard they have an entirely new backfield and Matthews is not playing QB, at least that is what the talk on here has been?  I aint disagreeing with anyone, just a question: IF they are questionable in the trenches and have an entirely new backfield, then why would they be better than last year?  Is Antonio that good that he can carry the whole team?  (I aint never seen him play, but I hear he is really good...)

825697957[/snapback]

The receivers will pretty much be the same, just a year older, a year stronger and a year bigger.

The quarterback won't be as fast this year but should be a better passer. If he is and the receivers can make the catches then the passing game should be real good.

As for the running backs, Matthews is slated at the tailback position this year from all that I have heard. He's very athletic so he could be real good in this position. One of his backups will only be a freshman that many compare to Sam Pickett if you remember him from a few years ago at SP. They say he may be faster than Sam was at this point but I will have to see that to believe it. Sam was one of the fastest high school players I have ever seen.

So they are going to be young but I think they are going to be better overall. Good enough anyway that the receiver won't be the only player people will be talking about. JMO

The receivers will pretty much be the same, just a year older, a year stronger and a year bigger. 

The quarterback won't be as fast this year but should be a better passer.  If he is and the receivers can make the catches then the passing game should be real good. 

As for the running backs, Matthews is slated at the tailback position this year from all that I have heard.  He's very athletic so he could be real good in this position.  One of his backups will only be a freshman that many compare to Sam Pickett if you remember him from a few years ago at SP.  They say he may be faster than Sam was at this point but I will have to see that to believe it.  Sam was one of the fastest high school players I have ever seen. 

So they are going to be young but I think they are going to be better overall.  Good enough anyway that the receiver won't be the only player people will be talking about.  JMO

825698111[/snapback]

Honestly, do you think they could beat Bledsoe this year?

it just doesn't sound like any of the others can compete with all that.  Whitwell maybe for a half or so, the new schools are gunna be to overwhelmed to be that competetive...Valley will be better, and Basin will ride coaching and a good program...but where will SP be challenged? I just don't see it.

825698279[/snapback]

...With Boyb-B. gone, I totally agree with you!!!

it just doesn't sound like any of the others can compete with all that.  Whitwell maybe for a half or so, the new schools are gunna be to overwhelmed to be that competetive...Valley will be better, and Basin will ride coaching and a good program...but where will SP be challenged? I just don't see it.

825698279[/snapback]

I guess they are the favorite for the region and alot of people think they are gonna win it. But as of them not being challenged , I really think they will be challenged against Temple, Basin, and Whitwell... maybe even Valley. They def arent gonna steam roll those teams.

With Boyd out I'd have to say S.P. will win the region. Matthews is quick and can make some plays. Temple will be competitive and come out 2nd and I could see them becoming the next Boyd Buchanan because they started out slow but i believe they'll get better over the next few years. Whitwell will be a scrappy team this year and will make it close with S.P. and Temple and maybe an upset somewhere in there. Lookout Valley is young and they will progress as time goes on.

Playoff Bound-

1. South Pittsburg

2. Temple

3. Whitwell

4. Lookout Valley

Going to be a lot of close games in this region.