South Pittsburg

kingbrian3

They are two outstanding freshman.  The freshman and sophmore talent on this team I hear is unlike any other.  It is supposed to be the best Freshman and Sophmore classes ever at South Pittsburg.

825709407[/snapback]

What offensive and defensive positions do Jones and Mitchell play?Do these kids have any speed svc fan And how big are they?

Edited by Sports Dad #1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry fellas but when your a freshman your a freshman, from what I hear physically these kids are good but how prepared mentally are they???  If Temple plays them early in the year they destroy them,  If its later in the year South Pitt has a chance.

825709817[/snapback]

I doubt that anyone will destroy South Pittsburg this year, especially region foes. They have good senior leadership, several starting Soph. with experience, and a few Freshmen that may start who will be "mentally unprepared" for all of five seconds after the first kickoff. Don't expect the South Pittsburg Freshmen football players to either look or play like typical Freshmen. They won't.

I doubt that anyone will destroy South Pittsburg this year, especially region foes.  They have good senior leadership, several starting Soph. with experience, and a few Freshmen that may start who will be "mentally unprepared" for all of five seconds after the first kickoff.  Don't expect the South Pittsburg Freshmen football players to either look or play like typical Freshmen.  They won't.

825709840[/snapback]

There is always an exception for a freshman being good. But i disagree w/ the players of South Pitt being better than average freshman. Being a freshman you lack the experience that a jr. or sr. will have. If South Pitt starts more than 2 freshman on the team I think there is prob a big problem. But I have heard the freshman running back will be good.

Temple vs. South Pitt will be a good game, and people that are already saying South Pitt is the region champs might be in for a big suprise.

Coach Brown, our old o line coach and a coach most coffee county ppl are famaliar with, once said" A freshman is a freshman no matter how good they are"

There is NO substitution for experience, Which is why I say and will say again, If Temple plays them early in the season South Pitt wont be able to keep up(note: by early I mean first or second game). Later on in the season South Pitt stands way more of a chance because by game 7 8 or 9 your not a rookie anymore.

Did they all of a Sudden forget about the other teams in this region or can Whitwell not keep up with anyone anymore ??? What happened to all the kids at Lookout valley(lookout valley almost beat South Pitt), Maybe we should wait for the season to start before choosing region champs and let the talking be done on the feild thumb

Coach Brown, our old o line coach and a coach most coffee county ppl are famaliar with, once said" A freshman is a freshman no matter how good they are"

There is NO substitution for experience,  Which is why I say and will say again, If Temple plays them early in the season South Pitt wont be able to keep up(note: by early I mean first or second game). Later on in the season South Pitt stands way more of a chance because by game 7 8 or 9 your not a rookie anymore.

Did they all of a Sudden forget about the other teams in this region or can Whitwell not keep up with anyone anymore ??? What happened to all the kids at Lookout valley(lookout valley almost beat South Pitt),  Maybe we should wait for the season to start before choosing region champs and let the talking be done on the feild thumb

825709882[/snapback]

As bad as South Pittsburg was last year Lookout valley did not almost beat South Pittsburg. South Pittsburg beat Lookout Valley 31-6 with a freshman at quarterback seeing his first official action on the varsity team.

What offensive and defensive positions do Jones and Mitchell play?Do these kids have any speed svc fan And how big are they?

825709760[/snapback]

From what I have heard and a little of what I have seen they will be playing in the offensive backfield. Jones I think is playing some on defense as well. Yes they have speed like you wouldn't believe. Mitchell would definitely rival Sam Pickett in that category. South Pittsburg scrimmages at Midway today and Polk Co. on Tuesday that is when we should start seeing how they will do instead of just talking about it.

Edited by svcfan

South Pittsburg should have an interesting team this year. Probably a year or two away from another state championship run. You've got to feel sorry for guys like MCdad who spend their days and nights waiting for the Pirates to slip. Well, Jasper got a LUCKY break last year but that is not enough to turn the table. SP has the talent and program that Jasper longs for. Go Pirates.