Alcoa Football?

Hoptown

well hoptown i hope to be able to provide a little more in depth preview of ahs for you.

last season they were 14-1 and since 2000 have won 2 state titles with 4 semi-final games.  they return all 11 on an offense that avg. 44ppg. the d returns 10 of 11.  only 2 seniors on last years team.

Brandon Warren- 6'3 235 #5 ranked Ath. in country. 45 scholarship offers, including ut, fsu, lsu, miami, oklahoma, usc, ohio st.  43 cts. 783 yds-14 tds, 20 sacks

dustin lindsey-6'1 220 ut commit.  2337 yds rushing. 43 tds, 3023 AP yds

Joei fiegler- 6'3" 185 qb- 60% 2510 yds 28-7. 43.2 per punt- AP all-state.  offer from vandy.  strong interest from unc, southern miss, louisville, clemson, ohio u.

martin white- 6'3" 325 dt/t.  offer from wake forest, vandy, possible ut, miss. state

rae sykes 6'4" 240 jr. DE- 110 tkls- #4 wk side end by rivals- offered by lsu head coach les miles

kyrus lanxter- 6'2 175 jr. wr- 26 ct. 702 yds 15 tds. 5 int.  3 kr td.  strong interest from louisville, south carolina and wake

brian sommer- 6'1" 190 soph. wr- 22 cts. 445 yds-3 td. mvp miami camp, steve spurrier loved him at usc camp & continues to call about him

randall cobb- 5'9" 165 soph. qb/wr/pr- the most exciting player on the team-  last season threw for 443 and 5 tds, and rushed for 136 as varsity backup

logan love-6' 205 fb/ss- 710 total yds- 9 tds- 4 int- possible offer from vandy

other players teaming w/ these guys include colton reid, mark avery, drew miller and bart hicks...this is a special team.  best at ahs since nat. ranked (#4) team

825691476[/snapback]

Interesting you mentioned Bart ... will he be eligible this year?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bart Hicks will be eligible this year.

TnVols, I heard a rumor that LSU was at the team workout the other day, and Les Miles told Rae Sykes that he wanted him to play for them in a few years. I know Brandon is one of their main targets, but I imagine if both went there they would keep their domination on the D-Line going into college.

Like I said, I heard this from another player, I don't know if it's true, could you enlighten me.

Interesting you mentioned Bart ... will he be eligible this year?

825691917[/snapback]

Bart is eligible to play immediately. He has made improvements in his lifestyle and attitude and will only get better under linebacker coach Brian Nix.(He has even shown a glimpse of personality) Check him out blowing up a reverse during the scrimmage with Central on Tornado Alley @ Rebelsnation.com

Edited by Coalman

If you throw the ball you will have tons of success against Alcoa because Huntingdon had people running wide open in the Tornadoes secondary last year in the Boro.

Outside of that Alcoa is talented everywhere and if you make a mistake they'll make you pay for it. 

As far as Fulton goes, both them and Maryville will beat Alcoa in 2005 because of the Tornadoes inability to stop people.

825691478[/snapback]

Maryville scored 31 points on Alcoa despite a fumble lost on Alcoa's 15 yd line,An interception on Alcoa's 25 yd line and 4 bsd snaps from the center. Maryville also had an interception return for a touchdown called back.

Here is my post on Rebelnation about Alcoa

Here you go.

Alcoa returns almost all of their starters from a team that went 14-1 and won the 2A State Title. Maryville was the only team to beat them. Maryville was 15-0 and won the 4A title. Alcoa gave Maryville a pretty good game last year but Maryville was clearly the better team. Maryville will have a much harder time beating Alcoa this year.

Alcoa has 2 upcoming seniors that are superstars. Dustin Lindsey is a 6'1 215lbs RB/LB who has commited to UT. Dustin is a stud. Dustin has pretty good speed,good vision,good quickness and powerful. Brandon Warren is a 6'3 235lbs DE/TE who runs a 4.6 Warren is probably the best football player in Tennessee. He has every school in the country after him. I heard Bob Stoops wants him at Oklahoma very bad. Alcoa has a quarterback who is an upcoming SR 6'3 185lbs named Joey Figler. Figler has improved a lot. He was great in the state title game passing for 355 yds. Alcoa has 2 wideouts that can fly. Kyrus Lankster can flat out fly. He is a 6'1 170lbs upcoming JR. Brian Sommers is a upcoming SO and he can fly. Fullback is a kid named Logan Love. Logan is 6' 200 lbs upcoming senior. All of the offensive line comes back.They average about 230 lbs a man and they are athletic. All 11 starters will be back on offense from an attack that scored 616 points. Alcoa's starters only played the whole game 4 times. They destroyed everyone in their region.Their offense is awesome. They will destroy the other 2A teams they play.

Defensively Alcoa is still pretty good. Not as good as their offense but they are pretty good. A lot of their kids play both sides of the ball. Love and Lankster play defensive back. Warren plays DE. Some of their offensive linemen play defensive tackle.They have a tackle who plays defense only. Mark Avery is his name. He is 6'205 lbs and he is very quick. Lindsey plays linebacker. Alcoa has the best pair of bookends in the state. Rae Sykes is a 6'4 240 lbs JR that plays end. He is a D1 prospect.

Alcoa doesn't have the best kicking game in the world. Lankster is a dangerous return man. He returned a kickoff for a touchdown vs Maryville last year. Maryville scored a touchdown to go ahead of Alcoa with 4 minutes to go to stretch their lead to 31-12. Boom! Lankster returns the kickoff for a touchdown to make the final 31-18. I saw right then he was special.

Alcoa will be very good. Maryville will have a tough time beating Alcoa. Alcoa will have a rough time with Maryville also. Maryville usually beats Alcoa for 2 reasons. Maryville has much better coaching and superior depth. This is not a slap at Alcoa's staff at all. Alcoa has a real good coaching staff. Maryville has the best staff in the state bar none. Alcoa dresses out an average of 50 players which is counting their freshmen. Maryville dresses out 80 players a year which is only their seniors,juniors and sophomores. Counting freshmen Maryville will have over 100 kids out for football.

Alcoa and Maryville both have great traditions. Alcoa has won 6 state titles including last season. Alcoa won titles in 1977,1978,1979,1989,2000 and 2004. I think they will win it in 2005. Maryville won titles in 1970,1976,1978,1998,2000,2001,2002 and 2004.Pretty good for 2 towns that border each other in Blount County. Maryville and Alcoa is the biggest rivalry in Tennessee. Maryville owns a 52-21-2 record vs Alcoa. Both teams respect each other.

I don't know much about Hopkinsville but they better be ready for a tough game with Alcoa.

Guest catfish-hunter
oh yea catfish-hunter i forgot, Alcoa will be 15-0, and will be the best team in the state, regardless of classification

825691515[/snapback]

You are OUT OF YOUR MIND alcoa06!!!

Riverdale, Maryville, Melrose, and Fulton are four teams that would beat Alcoa today. Please stop hugging and yourselves over winning the 2004 class 2A state title Alcoa fans because that means nothing once the 2005 season begins.

If you Alcoa fans were really smart you'd spend more time worrying about 2A contenders such as Huntingdon, Camden, Westview, Milan, DCA, Goodpasture, Lewis Co., CPA, Boyd Buchannan, and Tyner. Those are ten teams that come to mind right away that have a better shot at beating Alcoa than Alcoa has at beating the likes of Riverdale, Maryville, Melrose, and Fulton.

Come on now. We all know Sommers won't play corner. He is born and bred reciever. Randall would make a great corner, but he'll have the size problem Richeon had to fight. Alcoa's probably going to play Lanxter only one way being at WR too. We'll have to see who could step in as the other safety.

825691782[/snapback]

I doubt Lanxter will only go one way and size isn't everything. Ivan Mayes starting corner on the 2000 team 5'2'' 113lbs. Randall is 5'9''

catfish-hunter.......

Nobody in the state can match up man to man with us. Nobody in the state has the talent that we do. The Maryville and Fulton games are going to be huge statement games for the Alcoa program, and will prove to all of you haters that ALCOA IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE. After Alcoa beats Fulton and Maryville I will be waiting here for you to come and say, "Alcoa06, you were right, Alcoa is the best team in the state."

well a lot of people seem to be misinformed about alcoas D last year. i really believe that most people have this opinion based on the only game they saw, the huntingdon game. but the truth is they only allowed 9ppg through 15 games, with maryville being the other team that had success against them, but hey they do that to everyone. Alcoas d will be a lot better than last years...last years secondary started 2 sophs in lanxter and green..and a converted lb at saftey. with a year of experience and a dominant front 4, i have to think they will be okay.

and alcoa players...you dont have to talk on here or anywhere else...just work hard, go out and play hard and control what you can, and if you are as good as a lot of people think you can be, then others will do the talking for you.