Huntingdon versus Camden

turbo

This is correct

825700116[/snapback]

also forgot to ad, the other new coachs father is long time head coach for south side and he played for ole miss. they both know a little about football. they are also under the the direction of two of the best, if not the best coaches in west tennessee, mansfield and prichard

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone, just overlook the posts by pantherpride79....he is giving Riverside a bad name. I can speak for the team in saying that we do have respect for Camden's program. We had the toughest schedule in the state last year and you guys were in the top 3 best teams that we faced. Camden is on the rise. I hope you take out Westview and then wipe the smile off the face of Huntingdon the next week.

uhhhhh, yes they are both very inexperienced at coaching.

825699966[/snapback]

blue50 and darkglow,

Thanks, ya'll backed up my point exactly about the new coaches! With the mentors they have, they will be fine. I've always hated that Pritchard left McKenzie but............! Just don't understand why turbo is so all of a sudden critical of Huntingdon's program. Last season, the first one to defend the Mustangs was usually turbo. Now all of a sudden, that seems to have changed???

Hey, ya'll I just like to talk football with not only my teams fans but, the neighboring towns too. There is a lot of tradition and history in our area where this is concerned. I'm a part of it and my kids are too. I do like talkin' about it.

I could go into more detail on the coaching changes simply based on comments over the last year of Mustang fans I know but WON'T do it on here. There is no need. Ya'll will be OK this season.

Question here....  Why are the folks from Camden talking about the Huntingdon game and I've seen very little about the Westview game.  Are you chalking that up as a win or loss?  I'd be thinking about Westview before Huntingdon because you may come into the Huntingdon game 0-1...  I just can't believe ya'll want to beat Huntingdon so bad.  If you get beat by the Mustangs this year will that put a damper on a good season?  If you beat by Huntingdon and go 6-4 will you be satisfied?  You'll have to win on a consistent basis to get the "monkey off your back" as you say.  One win for one year doesn't mean doodly.  You know and I know that if Huntingdon played Middleton every year odds say the Mustangs will lose sometime. (Maybe not Middleton but Adamsville)..... :(

I guarantee that Coach Mansfield has his players just as prepared for Gibson County as he does Milan or Camden or McKenzie or whatever team they play next.

825699273[/snapback]

Ok...I've been on vacation so I'll have to catch up...it was only 2 pages when I left :D ....anyway if you'll go back and read my very first post I believe I addressed the Westview issue when I said that the Lions have to worry about Westview first because if I'm not badly mistaken Westview will be picked to win Region 7-2a....and also notice that a Huntingdon fan started this thread not us...we have only responded to those posts....and with the exception of 1 or 2 fans (and I'm not sure that they are Camden fans either :( ) no one has said anything about how the Lions will wipe the floor up with the Mustangs....the Mustangs have handed Camden their butts too many times for the TRUE Camden fans to say anything like that....we have the utmost respect for Coach Mansfield and the team and we know that even if we were loaded and the Mustangs were "rebuilding" that we would still have a tough game ahead of us....both of these teams have question marks that will be answered in the first two weeks of the season...but regardless of the outcome I think both teams will know they have played a hard fought, smash-you-in-the-mouth and make-you-like it football game....win or lose, come playoff time both of these teams will be forces to be reckoned with which I think is a credit to both Coaches and the communities that love and support their teams.....good luck Huntingdon you have a harder road than we do but I know that in the end you will be right in the thick of things as always...and as for Camden ....GO LIONS!

Everyone, just overlook the posts by pantherpride79....he is giving Riverside a bad name. I can speak for the team in saying that we do have respect for Camden's program. We had the toughest schedule in the state last year and you guys were in the top 3 best teams that we faced. Camden is on the rise. I hope you take out Westview and then wipe the smile off the face of Huntingdon the next week.

825700137[/snapback]

Just a note RHS2006, it will take more than a defeat by Riverside or Camden to take the smile off the face of Mustang fans. For one thing it is not a Region game and were focused on winning our Region first. But that is going to be a tall order this year primarily because we have replaced the likes of Adamsville, Riverside and Chester County with Westview, Milan and Humboldt. No slight intended, it is just the way things are.

It has took years of tradition to put that smile on the fan's face. It wont be removed by one loss or a string of losses for that matter. You would have to grow up in the town and surrounding area to understand that. H-town has pride in its team regardless of its record. It is just the way things are. It has long been said Huntingdon is a "Football Town". That is probably the best description of our town that you could really give to someone not familiar with how football is viewed here. It is not just talked about from August thru November, but it a topic of interest year round. The movie "Friday Nite Lights" probably depicts the attitude about football and winning in H-town as good as I could ever express in words.

Its like this, the majority of people from Huntingdon would be the first people to stop and help pull you out of a ditch if your stuck. But on Friday nites in the fall they are all business.

The Mustangs ask for no mercy on the football field and they give none in return. They play the game with good sportsmanship and they play to win.

The Stangs may lose a game or two this season but I dont believe it will be to anyone in 6-2A. If they do I will be the first to get on here and congralute that team, even if it is Riverside. Good luck to the Panthers.

GO MUSTANGS!!! thumb

Edited by truth225

Just a note RHS2006, it will take more than a defeat by Riverside or Camden to take the smile off the face of Mustang fans. For one thing it is not a Region game and were focused on winning our Region first.  But that is going to be a tall order this year primarily because we have replaced the likes of Adamsville, Riverside and Chester County with Westview, Milan and Humboldt.  No slight intended, it is just the way things are. 

It has took years of tradition to put that smile on the fan's face.  It wont be removed by one loss or a string of losses for that matter.  You would have to grow up in the town and surrounding area to understand that.  H-town has pride in its team regardless of its record.  It is just the way things are.  It has long been said Huntingdon is a "Football Town".  That is probably the best description of our town that you could really give to someone not familiar with how football is viewed here. It is not just talked about from August thru November, but it a topic of interest year round.  The movie "Friday Nite Lights" probably depicts the attitude about football and winning in H-town as good as I could ever express in words.

Its like this, the majority of people from Huntingdon would be the first people to stop and help pull you out of a ditch if your stuck.  But on Friday nites in the fall they are all business. 

The Mustangs ask for no mercy on the football field and they give none in return.  They play the game with good sportsmanship and they play to win.

The Stangs may lose a game or two this season but I dont believe it will be to anyone in 6-2A.  If they do I will be the first to get on here and congralute that team, even if it is Riverside.  Good luck to the Panthers.

GO MUSTANGS!!! thumb

825700395[/snapback]

As a true Camden fan, I have the utmost respect for the Huntingdon program, and I wish you guys all the luck. Over here in Benton Co., we are trying to build the tradition you have, and to be the best you gotta beat the best. So really all you mustang fans should take this as a compliment! You guys have had a top notch program for the past years. But we want to get there, and to get there, we're gonna have to go through you. So we know our work is cut out for us.

Look, it's not our doing that we were put in 6-AA. TSSAA put us there. We also have 9 teams in our region. That leaves only 2 slots for non-region opponents. Look who we picked. We aren't taking the path of least resistance. We are trying to prove we can run with the big dogs. We may go 0-2, 1-1, or 2-0, but we'll show up to play every night no matter what color jersey you got on. So win or lose, you better be ready to play. We will.

Lions4Ever.. The guy that started this thread said he played for Mansfield when Mike coached in Camden. Sometimes he praises the Mustangs and the next day he will put them down. Go figure. In one post he called the Huntingdon fans "crybabies" so I don't think he is really a fan of Huntingdon, do you? Go back and read his previous posts. Seems to me he is a Camden fan but he'll have to declare that..... He also said Camden would beat Huntingdon by 2TD's... :lol: Being a Mustang fan IF I thought Camden would win I sure woudn't admit it.

Edited by Mr. Mustang

Lions4Ever..  The guy that started this thread said he played for Mansfield when Mike coached in Camden.  Sometimes he praises the Mustangs and the next day he will put them down.  Go figure.  In one post he called the Huntingdon fans "crybabies" so I don't think he is really a fan of Huntingdon, do you?  Go back and read his previous posts.  Seems to me he is a Camden fan but he'll have to declare that.....  He also said Camden would beat Huntingdon by 2TD's... :P  Being a Mustang fan IF I  thought Camden would win I sure woudn't admit it.

825700661[/snapback]

I am with you I have no idea where his allegiance lies and to be honest I don't really care...but you'll not see any off us diehard Lions saying we'll beat the Mustangs by 2 TDs...we might wish for it to happen :D but it would be the height of arrogance for us to say it in this forum....do I think the Lions have a good shot?.. yes...but then again I support my boys regardless because they work hard and deserve my support....if we're not too banged up after week 0 <_< week 1 should be a classic thumb

The Stangs may lose a game or two this season but I dont believe it will be to anyone in 6-2A.  If they do I will be the first to get on here and congralute that team, even if it is Riverside.  Good luck to the Panthers.

GO MUSTANGS!!! thumb

825700395[/snapback]

I would just like to say that I meant no disrespect to Huntingdon by my comment. I know that you guys have one of the best programs in the state. Just being in region 6-2A, I feel the need to support our fellow teams against non-region opponents. I understand that you guys have tradition and I know that it will take more than one loss to kill your motivation. Anyway, thanks from the Panthers, and good luck Mustangs in 7-2A.