William Blount

youthfootballfan0123

There are different versions of the wing T and the one I don't like is the old three yards and a cloud of dust version. Meadows incorporates passing in his quite a bit and won the State at Alcoa throwing quite a bit. Last year at WB the problem seemed to be a lack of receivers.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey boyz,

Sorry it has been so long, but I have been on holiday to Tahiti!

The govs look strong this year, but not quite as strong as my beloved red rebels.  Oooh did I say rebels?  That is certainly a bad word around East Tennessee these days!

I still look for Brad Walker and Ronald Osborne to wear opponents out!  They can't hold a candle to GQ and company.

Did I ever tell you that I went out with GQ a couple of times.  He wasn't near as nice to me as Scott Meadows.  I had an opportunity to watch the scrimmage the other day and I saw a little West Coast Offense from the Govs.

You have got to love an innovater, and I sure do....

Love you boyz!

:lol:

825713290[/snapback]

Suz, you little Tahitian/Nebo treat, where have you been?

Do you still have your Rebel flag bikini that you wore when you used to jump off Coulter's bridge?

If 'un you do, will you wear hit to the jamboree on Friday night and when they make you take it off, you can show people the real meaning of Dixie Cups!!!!!

STARZ

Edited by STARSNBARS

Hey boyz!

You boyz are the sweetest thing to this ole girl! Starz, do I still have the bikini, of course I do but since my augmentation, I had to hand it down to Suzette, she will be there Friday night, and let's just say the show will be wherever Suzette is!

I hate to say this, but I kinda agree with FBE on the Wing T. It is a little outdated. Last year WB came out like gang busta's and one would think they were in for an outstanding year.

Of course that thought passed about 3 minutes into the Central game! I think this year they will be a little better than the 3-7 prediction. I think they will slip up on a few people.

I tell you where I am really surprised is the strength of the kids at Heritage. I have seen some of those youngin's and they will surprise some people as well! I am disappointed the county schools dropped Alcoa this year, and for years to come. However, I am a little disappointed with everything the county schools are doing this year.

Nobody ('cept maybe Alcoa) will hold a candle to my Red and Black, or dare I say Red Rebels, this year! You know how we do it, just Redo, Reload, Repeat and of course RECRUIT! Ooops, GQ, I didn't say that did I?

Gov Man, tis true, was me! However, it was a Chocolate (Susie) Shake to go with those onion rings from Glco's. Man I miss that place. Some bank has taken its place now. Have you ever seen as many banks in Blount County?

Somebody has some money! I guess that is why the county schools are being sued for so much! I hope the Tornadoes don't try and embarrass the county schools come Friday night!

I am so glad to be back in the swing, so to speak, of things!

Love you boyz!

Stars...

Your "the real meaning of Dixie cups" may be the funniest thing that's ever been posted on here.

We hated to lose the Shuler kid over at WB ... he's a speed burner for sure. I was even more disappointed last night over at Alcoa to see that the Gov's had lost an old Friendsville/WB's boy's (Meathead Robinson) son to the Tornadoes. They are even gonna redshirt him a year (he's gonna repeat 8th grade ... evidently he's big but he's still young). I wish he'd stayed back a year and then became a Governor but I guess you win some and you lose some.

I understand the WB has a few Alcoa transplants that could be real contributors this year. Let's hope!!!

I thought that the WB fans were really excited about this year? Are they just lowering the expectations, because their high expectations were blown away last year? (That is in no way a diss to the team, or stating that they are not good...I'm just asking.)

825717917[/snapback]

TnVols23,

After last season, I would be "very excited" if we could make it to the second round of the playoffs. I'm excited about the team, but I always balance optimism with the fact that we'll be playing Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah, Oak Ridge, etc. Tough competition.

Hopefully, we can go up to Sevier County this week and bring back a win. My heart goes out to the kids & coaches at Sevier County ... after the loss of one their fine young players. Tragedies like this one put it all in perspective, don't you think? Football is just game.

At the end of last year I was talking to Jordan Glasgow and he seemed to be pretty excited about coming out for the football team. Did he decide not to, or did Baumann decide for him, I wander why he did not play this year? I think that he would have made a good reciever, fast and tall is a deadly combo.

I think the Gov offense is gonna be excitng and put up points. I like the way Meadows spread out the field. That will make that ole wing - t more effective but they will have to pass the ball with success in order to get the most out of it. I think they will be challenged on the defensive side of the ball. They have a lot of speed but not much size. But speed can work and it will have to in that 4-4 set up. They have two good ones in the middle at linebacker. The Borden kid is a heckuva player and then good ole Dominique Brown from Alcoa High will do a fine job and bring playoff and championship experience to the team. Good Luck to the Blue and Orange this season. :lol:

Hey boyz!

Gov Man...it pains me to have you compliment starz and not compliment me for the witty stuff I put on here.

I have to give credit Starz is a funny man...and oh what a man!

As for Dominique he is a good kid in what I hear is a tough environment for African American athletes.

That may not be a fair statement, I am just an outside girl looking in.

Hamilton is a great kid too. I was particularly impressed with the Crosby kid, filling in at quarterback for Lucas Wall.

I still say they can't hold a candle to the Red and Black!

Suzette was a hit Friday night with her lemonade stand and her "Dixie Cups!"

Love you boyz!

Edited by susie

I think that the Govs are really going to turn things around. And I think it was the right thing dropping Alcoa...those big county schools new a new focus and it's hard when a small school continues to wear you out (not a good motivator). Speaking of Alcoa of course the coach is a former Tornadoe, but most important is that they have a couple outstanding ex-tornadoes that are going to take them places...yes Suze it's hard in the county for African Americans period oh yea Maryville ain't a bed of roses either just ask my cousin (who will remain anonymous "he plays at Auburn now") and my nephew who plays there now... <_<