Hardest Position

CountryBoy4Life

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

My personal thought will have to be between defensive back and quarterback. Both take a lot of skill. At defensive back, you can't just be strong or fast, you have to have a sense about breaking on the ball and close-in speed. Quarterbacks have to be able to read the field, something that high school QB's sometimes struggle with.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal thought will have to be between defensive back and quarterback. Both take a lot of skill. At defensive back, you can't just be strong or fast, you have to have a sense about breaking on the ball and close-in speed. Quarterbacks have to be able to read the field, something that high school QB's sometimes struggle with.

825702220[/snapback]

you gotta have a offensive line to be able to block for the QB or RB .......So I think the O-Line is the toughest to play........You mess up once and you messed up the whole play pretty much....

My vote goes to center, although that may be a little biased. A center has to know what to do on each play, as well as what his guards do, organize double teams and blitz pickups at the line depending on the defense, snap the ball on the correct snap count or the whole team false starts, get the snap off cleanly (especially on a passing team who uses shotgun 95% of the time), and then begin blocking at a disadvantage because he only has one free hand after snapping the ball. Once this is done, then the center can block like a normal lineman.

Edited by gobbler51

I would have to say center or offensive tackle....tackle is harder than most people think because you have to know when to work with the guard when to release to a backer and when to help the QB recognize an outside blitz and also blocking a quick end or linebacker with no one to help you outside can be a challenge I say center because the center has to know what every person on the line has to do on each play make blocking and on occasions play audibles and snap the ball and when pass blocking are on an island by themselves with a nose guard

I would have to say center or offensive tackle....tackle is harder than most people think because you have to know when to work with the guard when to release to a backer and when to help the QB recognize an outside blitz  and also blocking a quick end or linebacker with no one to help you outside can be a challenge    I say center because the center has to know what every person on the line has to do on each play make blocking and on occasions play audibles and snap the ball and when pass blocking are on an island by themselves with a nose guard

825702300[/snapback]

Like i said before, I agree with the center part and in some offenses tackle can be tough. But our line coach says Stevie Wonder could play tackle in our offense. Just a little something funny I thought I'd throw at ya.

Center is one of the toughest positions to play. Making blocking calls, shotgun snaps, blitz pickups and trying to make blocks on nose guards or linebackers, is extremely difficult. Also, many centers also perform long snapping for punts. Talk about being out on a island by yourself. It takes mental and physical toughness to play this position.