Most Memorable Touchdowns

alcoasportsguy22

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, White House-Rossview.

WH is at the 3 yard line about to score. Levering hands it off to Ricky, there's a pile in front of him, so he leaps foward and does a complete flip into the endzone. There is a picture of it somewhere. Really incredible.

825705815[/snapback]

I think the picture you are referring to is this one...I had to reload it to the site because during the offseason we had a site crash and lost all our info....

r12.jpg

The photo was taken by Drew Christenson of the White House Connection, who is the team photographer for the website and the local newspaper in White House run by the Bargain Browser.

And I can confirm, it was a complete flip all done by Ricky. It was not a tackle. He was never touched. Amazing.

Guest catfish-hunter

A TD that I will probably never forget happened in the same game as alcoasportsguy22 was talking about. At the end of the first half Huntingdon was facing a fourth and goal situation from either the seven or eight yard line and they ran a simple fullback dive and Chris Donald looked like he was gonna be stopped at the four yard line but he ran over at least three Alcoa defenders on that play and scored on one of the toughest runs I have ever seen.

One of the most memorable was in 1998, White House against Livingston Academy.

White House leads, 20-12, and Mr. Football Grant Swallows leads Livingston on a late touchdown drive to make it 20-18. However, Swallows is sacked on the two-point conversion, leaving the Wildcats with no choice but to onside kick with a minute left to play.

Livingston kicks off the football, and on one bounce it hits the first White House man right in the chest, which happens to be linebacker Chad Rogers on the hands team. Rogers is never touched and takes the ball in stride, hitting the endzone on a 53-yard kick return to seal the game.

To this day, it's the only onside kick I have ever seen returned for a touchdown in any level of football.

White House wins, 27-18 and seals the region championship on their way to an eventual semifinal.

One of the most memorable was in 1998, White House against Livingston Academy.

White House leads, 20-12, and Mr. Football Grant Swallows leads Livingston on a late touchdown drive to make it 20-18. However, Swallows is sacked on the two-point conversion, leaving the Wildcats with no choice but to onside kick with a minute left to play.

Livingston kicks off the football, and on one bounce it hits the first White House man right in the chest, which happens to be linebacker Chad Rogers on the hands team. Rogers is never touched and takes the ball in stride, hitting the endzone on a 53-yard kick return to seal the game.

To this day, it's the only onside kick I have ever seen returned for a touchdown in any level of football.

White House wins, 27-18 and seals the region championship on their way to an eventual semifinal.

825705831[/snapback]

The game you are referring to was actually in 1997. It is also the only onside kick I have ever seen returned. It was a great game.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine was in the 2002 Regular Season Match-up of Oak Ridge and Dobyns-Bennett, DB was down 21-0 late in the first half and needed to get on the board before halftime.... the answer came in the form of Phillip Tritapoe the tight-end, who caught a short pass from Duran Ferguson and did a flip over the Oak Ridge defender who went for his legs..... Gave DB the momentum to have one of the greatest comebacks ever and win 35-28...

Corey Lewis in 87' running 88 yards for a touchdown and 2 pt conversion to beat Germantown and advance to the state title game.

Jamison Link in 2003 running 97 yards on a quarterback keeper right up the gut against Smyrna.

I will remember both of those probably the rest of my life. Both of those are 2 of the most spectacular runs in Gallatin history.