Fayette Ware

mchsfootball68

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering what people think of Fayette Ware haveing a new coach. I played against them and they were no push over, but they just seemed like they didn't know what they were doing.  Do you think they are contenders for the top spot in 3A region 6 this year or will they lose again.

825708011[/snapback]

I think they will win a few this year. But the next few years they will contend for the region.

Coach Tim Thompson will make a definate impact, that is the one sure thing. Fayette Ware will win games and make it into the playoffs this year! ... not next year. I looked at their stats from the prior 2 seasons.

Year_____ Record_____ Region (PF/PA)_____ Overall (PF/PA)

2003:_____ 0-10 _______ 32 / 234 _________ 73 / 403

2004:_____ 0-10 _______ 18 / 220 _________ 32 / 397

I can garuntee you this ... these numbers will change. Fayette-Ware is going to score points ... and the defense is going to stop people. I expect the end of the year 2005 stats to reflect that.

Here is their schedule:

Fayette Ware High School

Somerville,TN,38068

Mascot Wildcats Colors Blue, Gold

Head Coach Tim Thompson

Week Date Opponent

0 19-Aug-05 Gibson County

1 26-Aug-05 at Westside

2 02-Sep-05 McNairy Central ®

3 09-Sep-05 at Westwood

4 16-Sep-05 at Open

5 23-Sep-05 Haywood County

6 30-Sep-05 Jackson South Side ®

7 07-Oct-05 at Liberty Magnet ®

8 14-Oct-05 Bolivar Central ®

9 21-Oct-05 at Lexington ®

10 28-Oct-05 at Chester County ®

I think they win the first 2 games and go into the McNairy Central game with some confidence. IF ..... IF they can beat McNairy Central ... they will finish the season 7-3. If they lose to McNairy Central ... they finish 6-4. Either way ... I think they make it to the playoffs. The offseason after that will be greatly benificial to the players and the next season in 2006 ... watch out ... Fayette-Ware will be a top contender!

K

Just wondering what people think of Fayette Ware haveing a new coach. I played against them and they were no push over, but they just seemed like they didn't know what they were doing.  Do you think they are contenders for the top spot in 3A region 6 this year or will they lose again.

825708011[/snapback]

Well mchsfootball68 ... you can hear from the horses mouth. Here is a link to the article in the Commercial Appeal in the Tue., Aug. 2, 2005 sports section. Seems that the coaches and players at Fayette Ware are thinking that they can win the region ... and next year win state ... but don't take my word for it ... read the article yourself.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/prep_s...3970990,00.html

K

what is the story with david payne does he a volunteer coach or does he works in the school system for anyone that doesn't know he was heavily recruited by everyone and won every national high school award there is signed with alabama then fell off the football map

what is the story with david payne does he a volunteer coach or does he works in the school system for anyone that doesn't know he was heavily recruited by everyone and won every national high school award there is signed with alabama then fell off the football map

825708673[/snapback]

mjuhb, that's a good question. I don't know. Personally ... I think he should be playin pro ball somewhere ... but that's another story. I do know ... He's still active in football ... boy does he have some experience to pass on to those Fayette Ware players!

K

Coach Tim Thompson will make a definate impact, that is the one sure thing. Fayette Ware will win games and make it into the playoffs this year! ... not next year. I looked at their stats from the prior 2 seasons.

Year_____ Record_____ Region (PF/PA)_____ Overall (PF/PA)

2003:_____ 0-10 _______ 32 / 234  _________ 73 / 403

2004:_____ 0-10 _______ 18 / 220  _________ 32 / 397

I can garuntee you this ... these numbers will change. Fayette-Ware is going to score points ... and the defense is going to stop people. I expect the end of the year 2005 stats to reflect that.

Here is their schedule:

Fayette Ware High School

Somerville,TN,38068

Mascot Wildcats Colors Blue, Gold

Head Coach Tim Thompson

Week Date  Opponent   

0 19-Aug-05  Gibson County   

1 26-Aug-05 at Westside   

2 02-Sep-05  McNairy Central ®   

3 09-Sep-05 at Westwood   

4 16-Sep-05 at Open   

5 23-Sep-05  Haywood County   

6 30-Sep-05  Jackson South Side ®   

7 07-Oct-05 at Liberty Magnet ®   

8 14-Oct-05  Bolivar Central ®   

9 21-Oct-05 at Lexington ®   

10 28-Oct-05 at Chester County ® 

I think they win the first 2 games and go into the McNairy Central game with some confidence. IF ..... IF they can beat McNairy Central ... they will finish the season 7-3. If they lose to McNairy Central ... they finish 6-4. Either way ... I think they make it to the playoffs. The offseason after that will be greatly benificial to the players and the next season in 2006 ... watch out ... Fayette-Ware will be a top contender!

K

825708211[/snapback]

I agree that FW will be much improved, but six wins with this schedule? That will be a hack of a challenge. If FW manages six wins, coach Thompson should definitely be coach of the year.

Did you guys hear about that new tailback that moved to Fayette-Ware from Kentucky? He's already been scouted by 6 D1 schools and I think he runs like a 4.29  ;) They say he rushed for 3000+ yards last season.

825708947[/snapback]

back about 200 years ago gibson co. had someone rush for 5000 yards and ran a 4 flat 40...beat that thumb

I agree that FW will be much improved, but six wins with this schedule?  That will be a hack of a challenge.  If FW manages six wins, coach Thompson should definitely be coach of the year.

825708728[/snapback]

crockettfan:

I didn't realize that coach Thompson was up there this spring! That's a significant thing. I stand by my prediction more then ever. If this RB from Kentucky is true ... they WILL do better then I predicted.

I do know this ... Fayette Ware WILL have better recievers this year ... this will be a TOTALLY different team ... TOTALLY! From what I've gathered ... returning an experienced QB ... possibly a D1 caliber RB ... and the best WR coach in the state ... bar none ... they will deffinately be different and much improved. Not to mention ... their 'D' will much more tenacious. Region 6, 3A ball is about to find out what a coach Thompson team can ... and will do.

K