CSS TV Schedule

timbdp

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to beat a dead horse, but it's a shame they don't broadcast the AHS vs. MHS game.  I think a lot of people would really be interested in it.  Then again, anybody who really has a vested interest would probably be AT the game and not home watching it.  For the record, i realize neither of those schools are in Knox. Co and that's probably why they aren't broadcasting it.

825709481[/snapback]

i agree that the maryville vs alcoa is a great game that deserves t.v. time...but on the flip side the AE Fulton game is just as big actually its probably bigger...these two teams like mhs and ahs are huge rivals and many of the players grew up together...also the last 6 matchups leaves it in a dead tie at 3-3...the reason i say it is bigger is because its a region game and there both preseason 1 and 2 picks for the region...like i said mhs vs ahs would be a great game to watch but theres a lot more riding on the fulton ae game

there's no question that Knox County fans would probably rather see the Fulton/AE game given its more global impact on the outcome of their seasons. I just think it'd be neat for Knox Co. fans to really get to experience what the Alcoa/Maryville rivalry is all about, especially the younger viewing audience, because they probably aren't as privy to the extreme "bragging" implications as older people may be. The Fulton/AE game is definitely a better pick in terms of target audience that week.

According to a buddy who is a cameraman for the CSS games,

1) The talent this season is Mark Packer(back for 4th season) and newcomer Mike

Stowell.

2) CSS is doing Powell @ Farragut AS WELL MAY be WMAK. Nobody has exclusivity

rights.

One other interesting note is that WMAK will be doing their broadcast in high definition, however with only one camera.

(My friend pointed out ......."My God...even Wayne's World had two cameras!" :lol:

According to a buddy who is a cameraman for the CSS games,

1) The talent this season is Mark Packer(back for 4th season) and newcomer Mike

Stowell.

2) CSS is doing Powell @ Farragut AS WELL MAY be WMAK. Nobody has exclusivity

rights.

One other interesting note is that WMAK will be doing their broadcast in high definition, however with only one camera. 

(My friend pointed out ......."My God...even Wayne's World had two cameras!" :huh:

825710921[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification. Honestly, I hadn't heard anything about CSS games this year. Being involved in the radio side, i'm a lot more in the know about radio than TV.

One camera? You've got to be kidding me? The camera man will be the busiest guy in the stadium.

Mike Stowell is going to work with Packer? I had heard that he was going to be back with John Wilkerson on one of WNML's broadcasts.

Geez, it will be a full pressbox at the Powell/Farragut game. That means that there will be two TV crews and two radio broadcast crews covering the game.

Edited by HTV

Sunday's Williamson A.M. (Tennessean) ... partial list

September 2nd CPA v DCA

September 9th Lincoln Countyv. Riverdale

September 23rd Goodpasture v. Lipscomb

September 30th Brentwood v. Franklin

October 7th Brentwood Acad v. MBA

October 29th White House v. Greenbriar

Cable channel 27 Blake Fulton Pat Spurduto and Joe Williams

nothing on CSS website other than what's listed on previous post!

complete list

August 19 – Regional Game Coverage on CSS

Overton at Hillsboro

August 26

Father Ryan at JPII

September 2

DCA at CPA

September 9

Lincoln Co. at Riverdale

September 16

Hendersonville at Hillwood

September 23