MARYVILLE @ OAK RIDGE

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't able to go , but i slept in a holiday express inn last....... j/k :D , i talked to someone who was there , they said Maryville looked very impressive , and Gulmire did play , and Derrick Hunt looked very sharp at QB . I heard great things about Ryan tallent also , it scares me that they have him playing defensive back , but i was told he was very impressive .

Edited by pepvol

Overall MAryville looked ok. Still somethings to workout, Coould tell that they hadn't hit anyone since the champ game. Hunt performed well. Maples was impressive. Rayan ran well and delivevered the hardest hit. That guy still isn't sure who he is. 1st team gave up no points, and a few key players were misssing

On Maryville's first series offensively they did nothing.

O.R. moved the ball on a long run by Coffey. But Ryan Tallent layed a big hit on an O.R. player and Maryville pretty much had their way from there on out.

Maryville moved the ball on their next series and Hunt hit Tyler Maples on a nice 15 yd. pass.

Curtis Tate then picked off a O.R. pass and returned it for a touchdown.

Maryville stopped O.R. again and the Rebs drove the ball again for a t.d. on a 15 yd. run by Ryan Tallent.

Singleton capped off another drive with a t.d. run.

O.R. reserves then scored 2 t.d.'s to break into the scoring column for the Cats.

*O.R. has a huge line and Gulmire is very tough.

*Maryville will be very tough to run on this year. Starting LBer's Valentine and Lawhon did not dress, neither did safety Steven Shiver.

*Good job by Derrick Hunt in running the option and managing the offense.

*Tallent, Baker, and Singleton give MHS 3 physical backs.

*Tallent can play college ball for someone.

*Curtis Tate will give MHS some much needed speed in the secondary.

*Taylor Akins did a very nice job punting.

*Aaron Douglas gives MHS a new dimension on offense.

*Maryville's offensive line improved as the scrimmage went on.

Nothing like to top teams playing to get you ready for the real deal in a couple of weeks.

You view/purchase pictures of the scrimmage at:

www.orwildcats.smugmug.com

This is the Oak Ridge Football Boosters picture webpage.

Go Cats Go thumb

825710501[/snapback]

OakRidgeCat GREAT JOB at taking those pictures and thanks for putting them on for us all to view. Your catz have looked better as have the Reb's, but it is early and we all have a lot of work.

Coudos to the class act fans at Oak Ridge, great day for all football fans.

Heard Alcoa is going to give your catz some snaps next week. If I can I'll come up for that as well. Thanks again.

From what i observed it looked like Oak Ridge did a good job running the ball against Maryville when they were in the I-formation. 10 play series does not fit Oak Ridges running style. If it was a game type situation then Oak Ridge would have done really well. They were getting nearly seven yards a carry with that huge line they have, but with the limitation of plays oak ridge was not able to do what they do best. Oak Ridge needs to work on the pass game a little more if they are going to be succesful late in the playoffs. Maryvilles offense looked really good, especially in the air. Maples is a great reciever and really impressed me. Maryville's secondary were really good form tacklers. Both teams will be ready once the season comes around.