Aloca vs Oak Ridge Scrimmage

OwlFB2005

Everyone needs to remember the reason why teams scrimmage each other...to work out the bugs and to get back into the feeling of things. Also to see what works and what doenst work.

Alcoa and Oak Ridge will both be great teams in the 2005 season. Hopefully the both can get their bugs out and I KNOW both teams will be ready for the first game!

Good luck Alcoa!!!! thumb thumb

Good luck Oak Ridge!!! thumb

Edited by TnFootballfan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for a thinking fan.

Did Alcoa get the moral victory vs. Oak Ridge that they were looking for? I can't help but think Coach Reid wanted to follow Maryville vs. Oak Ridge to make his players believe they can beat Maryville, based upon how Maryville played against Oak Ridge. Now I'm not saying Alcoa can't beat Maryville but it is a huge monkey!

I expect Alcoa to run the 2A table but beating one or two teams on their schedule is going to be a huge task, even with those great players. It is early in the season and these teams will find the rhythm to vault them into the play-offs. I wish I could have been there. Good luck to both teams.

i'm just glad for both teams that they actually scrimmed. So often you find teams who deliberately avoid one another. In this case, ORHS really had nothing to gain by scrimming Alcoa. ORHS is SUPPOSED to beat Alcoa so 1) if they win then people think "they're supposed to win" and 2) if they lose, people think "how did ORHS get beat by a 2A team?" I tip my hat to ORHS for taking on a scrim vs. Alcoa regarless of what the outcome was.

I think that this was Alcoa's first scrimmage of the year.  Did you expect Lindsey or anybody to just blow away Oak Ridge tonight?  When Dustin Lindsey is an SEC tailback he'll be a lot faster and stronger, plus he'll have 320 lb. guys in front of him to block for. Duck had 100 yds. in every game but 2 last year,  and so what he had an off night tonight, might I add, against a 5A powerhouse who gave Riverdale a run for their money last year.  Duck will be in top shape come the season opener, and by the time Wartburg rolls around, they won't be laying a finger on him.

825712685[/snapback]

Lindsey will not play TB at UT

I think that this was Alcoa's first scrimmage of the year.  Did you expect Lindsey or anybody to just blow away Oak Ridge tonight?  When Dustin Lindsey is an SEC tailback he'll be a lot faster and stronger, plus he'll have 320 lb. guys in front of him to block for. Duck had 100 yds. in every game but 2 last year,  and so what he had an off night tonight, might I add, against a 5A powerhouse who gave Riverdale a run for their money last year.  Duck will be in top shape come the season opener, and by the time Wartburg rolls around, they won't be laying a finger on him.

825712685[/snapback]

i hate to tell you this but if mr lindsey is not in shape by now with the jamboree about 3 days away then he is probably not gonna be in shape by then. i think he is a very good player but it sounds to me like someones got the big head. the tornados better be ready when the redskins come to town cause in their scimmage against a much bigger school they won about 63 to 0, so you better be ready. and the redskins are already in very good shape. i got nothing against alcoa but i am tired of all the hype. tom they didnt do very well since you consider the whole team superstars. like i said watch out for hawkins its gonna be a better matchup then yu think.

Edited by free4only1