Blount Co Jamboree

ATCPT

Maybe so Tom ... that just tells me, along with Flashy's comment that Brad has "decent speed" that Alcoa, Maryville, and everyone else must be incredibly slow this year.  Cause the WB kid with "decent speed" just burned everyone else and if he hadn't ran, WB's fill-in runner would have done the same thing.

James Rainer was one of the fastest ever around here, no doubt, but Walker has the "official recorded times" to be included in the list of some of the fastest ever around here as well.  You guys list some official Rainer times in the 100/ 200/ 40 (not those that Punky did out by the track with a chrono) and I'll promise you they don't equate to 3 or 4 steps.

825717589[/snapback]

Just a joke GovMan, take it easy.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres "offical recorded times" for Rainer.

Straight from TSSAA website. These are state championship meet numbers for 100 meters

2001 Alcoa Class A-AA James Rainer 10.84

2000 Alcoa Class A-AA James Rainer 10.96

1999 Alcoa Class A-AA James Rainer 10.67

I also know of offical recorded times faster than these........

Could not find any "offical recorded times" for Brad Walker.

-BlountCountySportsFan

Maybe so Tom ... that just tells me, along with Flashy's comment that Brad has "decent speed" that Alcoa, Maryville, and everyone else must be incredibly slow this year.  Cause the WB kid with "decent speed" just burned everyone else and if he hadn't ran, WB's fill-in runner would have done the same thing.

James Rainer was one of the fastest ever around here, no doubt, but Walker has the "official recorded times" to be included in the list of some of the fastest ever around here as well.  You guys list some official Rainer times in the 100/ 200/ 40 (not those that Punky did out by the track with a chrono) and I'll promise you they don't equate to 3 or 4 steps.

825717589[/snapback]

Like I stated before, I take nothing away from Walker!! He is one heck of an athlete!! But I know for a fact that Rainer would beat him by 3 or 4 steps!! Rainer beat Brandon Smith by 3 or 4 steps and Smith would kill Walker!! Let's see some official times on Mr. Walker!! I saw him run a 11.4 at a meet last year! Oh yeah, and here's some official stats on Rainer. He holds 2 STATE records and 8 state titles!!!! :lol:

Like I stated before, I take nothing away from Walker!! He is one heck of an athlete!! But I know for a fact that Rainer would beat him by 3 or 4 steps!! Rainer beat Brandon Smith by 3 or 4 steps and Smith would kill Walker!! Let's see some official times on Mr. Walker!! I saw him run a 11.4 at a meet last year! Oh yeah, and here's some official stats on Rainer. He holds 2 STATE records and 8 state titles!!!! :lol:

825719164[/snapback]

And I'm not saying that Brad was as fast as Rainer, BUT consider his (Brad's) 11.4 ... that is not his personal best but even at that, do you know how fast one would have to run to beat an 11.4 by 3 or 4 steps in the 100 ?!? You're basically saying that Rainer could run a 100 in around 8 seconds. I don't believe he is quite that fast. You may have thought you were dealing with an old guy who doesn't understand track and sprints and distances and timing ... sorry, I do.

And I'm not saying that Brad was as fast as Rainer, BUT  consider his (Brad's) 11.4 ... that is not his personal best but even at that, do you know how fast one would have to run to beat an 11.4 by 3 or 4 steps in the 100 ?!?  You're basically saying that Rainer could run a 100 in around 8 seconds.  I don't believe he is quite that fast.  You may have thought you were dealing with an old guy who doesn't understand track and sprints and distances and timing ... sorry, I do.

825719242[/snapback]

Hahaha, you must not know anything about track sir!! If he ran an 11.4 and Rainer ran a 10.4 then that would be way more than 3 or 4 steps!! Rainer could even run a 10.8 or 10.9 and win by that much!! I don't know where you got your info, but you need to recheck it!! :lol:

Hahaha, you must not know anything about track sir!! If he ran an 11.4 and Rainer ran a 10.4 then that would be way more than 3 or 4 steps!! Rainer could even run a 10.8 or 10.9 and win by that much!! I don't know where you got your info, but you need to recheck it!! :lol:

825719251[/snapback]

Sorry to burst your bubble son, but in a 100M, 1 second does not equate to 3 or four steps. Think about what you are saying. 1 SECOND. Maybe we are not communicating correctly. If Rainer leans into the tape at 10.4 and Walker is at 11.4 he IS NOT going to be 3 to 4 strides away from the tape. And believe it or not, I do know just a little about track. It really doesn't matter anyway. Brad is the fastest kid in Blount County football this year ... I rest my case.