Brandon Warren?

cavsregionchamp

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Brandon got ejected from Friday Night's game but the school is going to appeal is suspension for this upcoming week. As I understand from some sources that were at the game last night Brandon had just completed a play over by Hopkinsville's sidelines, and some of their players surrounded him. The guy that brandon was going against on the play grabbed him by the throat so he got the dude's hands out from around his throat and the referee saw it as a punch. Any person in that situation would have reacted the same way Brandon did in that situation, which is why the school is appealing the suspension for next week's game against Maryville

Yes, Brandon got ejected from Friday Night's game but the school is going to appeal is suspension for this upcoming week.  As I understand from some sources that were at the game last night Brandon had just completed a play over by Hopkinsville's sidelines, and some of their players surrounded him.  The guy that brandon was going against on the play grabbed him by the throat so he got the dude's hands out from around his throat and the referee saw it as a punch.  Any person in that situation would have reacted the same way Brandon did in that situation, which is why the school is appealing the suspension for next week's game against Maryville

825721169[/snapback]

He needs to be back for this game. They will win either way, but he will put on a show if he plays. And I wanna see a show!!

If they were Kentucky game officials, which I assume they were, they are not obilgated to file an incident report with the TSSAA. If they don't and Alcoa can make a good case of Warren's actions being of the self defensical nature described earlier in this thread, there might be a good chance of winning the appeal.

The guy that brandon was going against on the play grabbed him by the throat so he got the dude's hands out from around his throat and the referee saw it as a punch. 

It was a punch. As happens too often, the player that started it never gets caught. Warren's retaliation was obvious -- whether warranted or not

This is from the TSSAA website:

In contests in which registered TSSAA officials are involved, the officials will immediately notify the state office with both a telephone call and a written report if players are ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. In soccer, this would be for a RED CARD ONLY. In sports where registered TSSAA officials are not used, it will be the responsibility of the principal and/or coach of the player involved to report this incident to the state office.

On the ejection of a student athlete, the school will be required to submit a report on the action of the player and any disciplinary action taken by the school. The minimum penalty will be the suspension of the student athlete from participation in the next contest(s) at the level of competition for the specified number of contests played during a week in the particular sport (one game in soccer and football, two contests in all other sports). In addition, the student athlete is also suspended from participation in the same number of contest(s) at any other level of competition in the same sport.

Its still up in the air if Brandon can play next week. Alcoa will most definatly appeal. The game will be reviewed to see if it was unfair. The refs stunk and made calls that didnt happen. It looked more like cheating than making calls. Shiverdecker ended up with 3 long touchdown runs called back. Another thing is that the guy that started something with Brandon didn't even get ejected. What happend was that the guy messing with Brandon was holding him like 15 seconds (while there was and injured Alcoa player) after the whistle so Brandon pushed him off and the refs threw him out. I think it is very likey Brandon will play next week after TSSAA reviews the game.

I think it is very likey Brandon will play next week after TSSAA reviews the game.

825721452[/snapback]

If so, there is something very wrong with Tennessee High School football. You simply can't be on top of another player and throwing a punch regardless of what the other player said or did. Hopefully, Warren learns from this and realizes it will be much worse when he gets to Florida State....and that's just in the intra-squad scrimmages.

Don't call me the biased one. I call it like I see it. Should the Hoptown player have been tossed? Certainly. Was he? Nope. Should Warren expect to be targeted like that when he plays other teams? He had better be. I'm not saying what Warren did was unprovoked. I'm just saying when you throw a punch, regardless of what state you're in, you're likely to get tossed. I feel bad for him, but you should expect consequences with actions.