Oak Ridge vs Clinton

Cats meow

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton played hard throughout the game but lets face it they lacked any kind of team speed to keep up. Obviously BBballtn wasn't there for he would have seen two safteys, a free kick return for a TD after a safety, one interception return for a touchdown. A screen pass go for a 60 yard touchdown. The Wildcats even went into the single wing as a tribute to the former players that were at the game. They scored on that drive too. They practiced that for five minutes last week. Three quarterbacks played, three kickers and the list goes on and on. It was the first game of the season and you can't hold back on what you do with a region game next week and DB the following week. Clinton was just to slow to catch any of the Wildcat play makers. They played hard though and that will get them a win or two down the road. Good luck to Andy and the guys the rest of the way.

We will see how Oak Ridge does aganist a good team in a couple weeks

825729100[/snapback]

I believe you play Kingsport in a couple of weeks and assume that is to whom you refer. Well DB is usually a good team and is this year too. But they are not the team they were last year and we all know how that ended up in playoffs. I suspect they will suffer from cat scratch fever in a couple of weeks. :P But check back in 2006-7.

As much as I enjoyed seeing Clinton get thumped, I was disappointed to see OR still throwing passes well into the second half and even with a 51-0 lead.  With "passing no longer being an afterthought in Oak Ridge", I remember more balls being thrown in the second half than in the first.

825729806[/snapback]

Let's see, of the 51 points you speak about they score 5 touchdowns running and 1 passing and one int for a TD. You do the math! You think they shoudl have run the ball? It would have been 100-0. It was better OR was passing as opposed to running. They were trying to keep the score down.

Come on Spang. Get real!

I dont really think under any conditions that you should pound anyone this bad,and dont give me that crap about letting the subs play, you just dont do this to a team. And surely not a team in your on County and the Coaches and players cant control what other students do painting steps so dont make that the culprit either. I just think you have to treat children in your own County with a little more respect...

825729202[/snapback]

Yeah Bball, let's tell our 3's and 4's who went through 2-a-days and practiced there guts out to lay down after the first hit. Let's not try to increase our depth for the season. Let's not try to prepare these 10th and 11th graders for years to come. There will be OR football after this year.

Let's just teach them to lay down? Please tell me you are joking.

I agree with the people from Oak Ridge. I would have rather Oak Ridge played like they did. When you can tell someone is out on the field not trying and messing around with you barely making a sweat. To me thats more imbarrasing than loosing 74-0. I as a dragon would have rather lost 74-0 with Oak Ridge playing the way they did than Oak Ridge scoring 1 touchdown making the score 7-0 and kneeling it just to give it back to Clinton knowing they couldnt score on them just laughing in their faces. After going through spring practice to come out on your first game and have the team toying with you. Thats more embarrasing to me than getting beat that bad.

I agree with the people from Oak Ridge. I would have rather Oak Ridge played like they did. When you can tell someone is out on the field not trying and messing around with you barely making a sweat. To me thats more imbarrasing than loosing 74-0. I as a dragon would have rather lost 74-0 with Oak Ridge playing the way they did than Oak Ridge scoring 1 touchdown making the score 7-0 and kneeling it just to give it back to Clinton knowing they couldnt score on them just laughing in their faces. After going through spring practice to come out on your first game and have the team toying with you. Thats more embarrasing to me than getting beat that bad.

825730090[/snapback]

Well said Cdragon. You all never quit and that is the true heart of a champion. You all just keep practicing hard and good things will come to you all.

It's like I tell my kids. When everyone else has a different opinion or viewpoint than you do, you may want to reconsider. But there are some people who think they are right, no matter what. Maybe we should have stopped the game at the half, given everyone who participated a medal and praised them all for being winners.

It's high school football, not U6 soccer. Rock on Cats!!!

Clinton will shock the football world tonight with a 35-28 win!!!!!!

And then the Optimist kids will put a whopping on Little untalented oak ridge west teams tomorrow especially the hoppers and cutters.

Then the middle school will as always take a victory when they play OR sissycats thumb

825727912[/snapback]

How'd the little guys do?