Brentwood Academy at Ravenwood

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Hey USA1 I don't think you have evaluated the "Pittman era". If you look at the first two years with Tom Moore, when he had control over the defense, they had numerous shut outs and only lost the Clinic Bowl by 1 point. The past three Clinic Bowls years, lets face it he does not have control over the type of defense played or personnel. I can only imagine what the BA defense's potential would be (looking back at his record at BA and Father Ryan when he had complete control over the defense) if the main man would give him that control. But let's face it that will never happen.

Depsite the above, I think some people aren't giving BA credit this year. Yes, they are young and learning but I think they have the ability to have another great year. If they don't, they sure will be awesome next year with all these young players growing and getting the experience.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who all is actually going to be there tonight?  And what time would you recommend I show up?

825727857[/snapback]

Kick-off is at 7:30 (Although for some reason BA home games always seem to start early). I would get there as early as possible. The BA campus is under construction and parking will be an issue.

With John Garrett at QB, how is his passing abilities? We all know that the run game is pretty solid but if you cant throw then it will be hard to win the "BIG" games. I am curious to know if he is able to air it out.

825727859[/snapback]

He has been nervous so far. A lot of ability, but with a lot of rough edges.

Garrett is a very athletic back with a lot of ability to make things happen...again as a "back".

His quarterbacking skills are still in question, only because he's started one game against a defense that no one in our region really knows a lot about. Garrett's lack of PT at the helm of a BA's offensive backfield can be overshadowed by Tyree's and Ryan's legs, and Billy Bob Kotty's hands.

The only real issue I see that BA has to overcome is TC's equal athletic ability to that of Jon Jon's, plus the accuracy and finesse as a QB, that Garrett has yet to prove. If Berry, and the rest of the Eagle defensive front can get pressure on TC, CONTAIN him, and force him to make fastidious decisions, Townsend could have a field day out there.

A lot of respect for both schools and their athletes, sort of a "Big Brother/Little Brother" contest that should exploit a lot of excitement and emotion. Good Luck to both squads.

MBA[/url]WR5' date='Aug 26 2005 - 01:29 PM']Garrett is a very athletic back with a lot of ability to make things happen...again as a "back".

His quarterbacking skills are still in question, only because he's started one game against a defense that no one in our region really knows a lot about. Garrett's lack of PT at the helm of a BA's offensive backfield can be overshadowed by Tyree's and Ryan's legs, and Billy Bob Kotty's hands.

The only real issue I see that BA has to overcome is TC's equal athletic ability to that of Jon Jon's, plus the accuracy and finesse as a QB, that Garrett has yet to prove. If Berry, and the rest of the Eagle defensive front can get pressure on TC, CONTAIN him, and force him to make fastidious decisions, Townsend could have a field day out there.

A lot of respect for both schools and their athletes, sort of a "Big Brother/Little Brother" contest that should exploit a lot of excitement and emotion. Good Luck to both squads.

825728263[/snapback]

A really good assessment. The "eye of the tiger" element is the only reason I can't pick BA.

20-14 BA. ...and the streak continues.

I left after the first half, when the mandatory evacuation took place. Except for one really awful blown coverage by BA, Ravenwood didn't do too much offensively. BA ran the ball reasonably well, but the passing game was not great with the exception of a very good catch by Bill Kottas. Sloppy half, with lot's of penalties and fumbles on both sides. Two big turnovers by Ravenwood were the promary difference in the first half. I imagine that when the game resumed it was probably even sloppier on the soaked field.

On the bright side, it was a hard hitting game by both teams. I thought Daniel Becker looked very good for the Raptors. Big tests for both teams next week.

20-14 BA.  ...and the streak continues.

I left after the first half, when the mandatory evacuation took place.  Except for one really awful blown coverage by BA, Ravenwood didn't do too much offensively.  BA ran the ball reasonably well, but the passing game was not great with the exception of a very good catch by Bill Kottas.  Sloppy half, with lot's of penalties and fumbles on both sides.  Two big turnovers by Ravenwood were the promary difference in the first half.  I imagine that when the game resumed it was probably even sloppier on the soaked field. 

On the bright side, it was a hard hitting game by both teams.  I thought Daniel Becker looked very good for the Raptors.  Big tests for both teams next week.

825728950[/snapback]

The fumbles continued and killed Ravenwood. The Raptors really moved the ball well on the ground in the second half. Ravenwood came out with much more fire than BA in the second half, but could not hold on to the ball.

The fumbles continued and killed Ravenwood. The Raptors really moved the ball well on the ground in the second half. Ravenwood came out with much more fire than BA in the second half, but could not hold on to the ball.

825728963[/snapback]

Give some credit to the BA defense. Most of those fumbles

were created by solid hits knocking the ball loose.