MBA vs. Trinity(KY)

TheBigRedDog

After last week's thrashing at the hands of Byrnes, can MBA put it behind them and beat the Shamrocks?

I sure hope so. Fortunately (or unfortunately), Trinity runs the same style of spread offense that Byrnes ran, although, with less athletes and less no huddle. So, hopefully, the Big Red will be prepared. I really don't know what to expect from this game. Certainly, Trinity will be well coached and dangerous on offense. I beleive they are breaking in a new quarterback this year, so that could be an advantage for MBA...we'll see.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do know one thing to expect from mba this year: a lot of excuses.

825726785[/snapback]

Can you please list some of the excuses. So far all that I have seen is recognition being heaped on Byrnes and the fact that Byrnes would do the same thing to anybody else in TN. I looked back through the last two threads and still can't find the excuses.

Unfortunately, JN is somehow tied to BA, and I for one apologize for that ignorance and low class (even though I don't 100% disagree with him, there are better ways to take our rivaled shots at MBA :D )

But to the game:

I was able to catch a Shamrock scrimmage up here in Louisville, and have to say that they definately aren't the same team as we saw with Brohm. Their QB is Bobby Pitrino's son (UofL head football coach) but he is only about 5'8-5'9, but does have a pretty good arm. Their running back is a solid player, but I was suprised by how many decent to good runs their defense gave up. They do have a spread out defense to defend a spread offense, and this team was a wishbone, so that may work out better for the Shamrocks against MBA that the team they were scrimmaging against.

I'd say MBA- 28-21

trinity is a well coached team with a lot of class so you can always expect them to play hard. i haven't seen them on tape but the past two years both teams have matched up pretty well in terms of size and talent. should be a good game. if it's hot on saturday night, cramps and hydration will be an issue. perhaps the team standing at the end of the game wins. who knows. best of luck to the big red.

Last I checked, Trinity was ranked 3rd in KY. Probably not quite as strong as their Brohm led teams, but clearly very good. MBA is in for another tough game, and they will compete better this week than last, I believe.

May be very close, and tough opponents such as these will only make the Big Red better.

Edited by itzme