MBA vs. Trinity(KY)

TheBigRedDog

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity will be good, as they always are, and their QB (Petrino), while small, has looked good in 7-on-7 play and preseason scrimmages from what I've read.  I did read that Trinity lost one of its top DTs to an ACL injury last week; perhaps some running lanes will be open if MBA's line steps it up a notch.

If last week's game didn't light a fire under MBA's players, nothing will.  I'd love to see MBA play with a little more emotion this week.  I think MBA will be ready to play this one.  Losses aren't fun, but that Byrnes team last week was a juggernaut.

825727513[/snapback]

Gotta agree with you, RRR. The MBA guys have got to want it more. They haven't shown me that thus far this year and didn't show it to me all that much last year either. I hope our boys can come out fired up and erase the memories of last week. I'd really like to see us establish more of a ground game and control the ball more also. I think Snyder is ready to break out with a big game.

Rockmom,

Good to see you back at CoachT! Have a good trip and good luck.

Roll Red!

the only problem mba has right now is the hard time players have had recently figuring out what they're playing for and why. after last years playoff game at mus when rutledge ran the ball behind rascoe dean with david howe on the goal line instead of putting beckner or pilkerton behind BIRDSONG i've had a real hard time deciding what kind of coach rutledge is. albeit he has the mind of an nfl offensive coordinator and could be at the University of Virginia or with the New York Jets right now but what kind of high school kid wants to go out and play his heart out for a coach who cries before every game?? everyone is a winner in jeff's book and that just isn't the approach to take when it comes to taking on the hardest schedule in the state year in AND year out. the days of coach bowers were a blessing in disguise and many a gentleman, scholar, and athlete have grown a strong disdain for the man at the helm of the big red right now. jeff is a man on a witchhunt......

the only problem mba has right now is the hard time players have had recently figuring out what they're playing for and why. after last years playoff game at mus when  rutledge ran the ball behind rascoe dean with david howe on the goal line instead of putting beckner or pilkerton behind BIRDSONG i've had a real hard time deciding what kind of coach rutledge is. albeit he has the mind of an nfl offensive coordinator and could be at the University of Virginia or with the New York Jets right now but what kind of high school kid wants to go out and play his heart out for a coach who cries before every game?? everyone is a winner in jeff's book and that just isn't the approach to take when it comes to taking on the hardest schedule in the state year in AND year out. the days of coach bowers were a blessing in disguise and many a gentleman, scholar, and athlete have grown a strong disdain for the man at the helm of the big red right now. jeff is a man on a witchhunt......

825729755[/snapback]

See post number 30

the only problem mba has right now is the hard time players have had recently figuring out what they're playing for and why. after last years playoff game at mus when  rutledge ran the ball behind rascoe dean with david howe on the goal line instead of putting beckner or pilkerton behind BIRDSONG i've had a real hard time deciding what kind of coach rutledge is. albeit he has the mind of an nfl offensive coordinator and could be at the University of Virginia or with the New York Jets right now but what kind of high school kid wants to go out and play his heart out for a coach who cries before every game?? everyone is a winner in jeff's book and that just isn't the approach to take when it comes to taking on the hardest schedule in the state year in AND year out. the days of coach bowers were a blessing in disguise and many a gentleman, scholar, and athlete have grown a strong disdain for the man at the helm of the big red right now. jeff is a man on a witchhunt......

825729755[/snapback]

Holy freaking cow! Coach Rutledge is a great coach! He is my favorite coach - ironically at my least favorite school (in a rivlary kind of way - not a respect kind of way).

Edited by USA1